Sign in to follow this  
kenny584

G1000 Navigraph.

Hi Folks.

I've decided to start a new topic for this as I feel that I am not alone in having this issue and I do feel it needs some fresh discussion to sort it out. In other posts I've stated that my G1000 unit does not have the SELECT ARRIVAL and SELECT DEPARTURE option active at startup. Jim has been good at pointing to various factors but in his last reply to me in another post he said to follow the G1000 pdf document. The first page of that pdf clearly shows both of these options as being active (cyan). My unit has these greyed out and it's driving me nuts trying to find out why. The FS MaNiA videos show them as active at startup also.

No matter what I try I cannot select the Departure as is stated. Can someone point me to either what is wrong with my installation, or, what am I doing wrong when making my flightplan? I have tried all of the options that have been given but nothing works. I cannot get these two options to light up in the G1000. Tom has written a quick tutorial but again he says to select the DEPARTURE, I cannot, it's not available.

I see that some people have been using another FMS unit but FS MaNiA seems not to have had to resort to that. There must be a reason why some folks cannot get this unit to work whilst others can.

Regards...Ken

Kenny,

I can't believe you are still stuck on this, lets start by checking that you have the right products:

a) You have the Phenom 300 HD correct can you confirm the version? mine is V 1.3 the installation name for the executable is EM200Xv1.3.exe

b) You bought (additional) the expansion pack Navigraph for the Phenom 300 HD? correct? please note that Carenado sells two products with similar descriptions, one is for the Phenom 100 and another for the Phenom 300!. Also what version? mine is V 1.3 the installation name for the executable is ES200Xv1.3.exe

c) What simulator you have? FSX? FSX-SE? PD3.4? mine is FSX-SE

d) Verify that you installed the aircraft first, then the navigraph pack.

e) Pay attention to the folders were you are installing, I had problems installing mine at the beginning because Carenado failed to find the correct path for FSX Steam Edition.

I hope you get this sorted.

Regards,

Simbol

Hi Simbol.

Thanks for sticking with me on this. I appreciate it. Okay, here are my details regarding my setup...

Windows 10 Auto updates=ON,  Intel i3 2120 3.3GHz, Nvidia GTX660 2 gig, 16gig RAM 

a) Phenom 300 version 1.3 EM200X v1.3  I'm not too sure about the HD part of the Phenom 300 HD that you mention. I can't see that anywhere.

B) Phenom 300 Navigraph Extension Pack....ES200X v 1.3   I already have a Navigraph subscription, so maybe did not need the extension pack but it may install a base for other updates.

c) FSX and also FSX-SE although I have installed into FSX only.       SE for my VFR flying club students.

d) Yes, aircraft first then the extension pack.

e) Aircraft installed into Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado EMB505_Phenom300

Sometimes the 300 loads in with 29 odd FPS locked at 30. Other times stick on grey coloured VC panels and opaque windows. Other times it loads in okay but gives 0.6 FPS.  Initially the Extension pack was very slow to install, overnight in fact and stuck at 75%. No further movement. I tried several times and then tried to load the aircraft. I have only had the database loading window twice but it stuck also, I had to use Task Manager to close the sim. I then used the Navigraph Manager to install the latest Airac cycle. The text document shows it as being the current cycle and the correct folders are in the CarenadoNavigraph folder. I've double checked the files that Jim said to check

However, as I said, no ARRIVAL or DEPARTURE available. I've tried all of the available instructions that I can find, but always the same. Funnily enough, and I have no idea why, but my Feelthere Phenom 100 does the same thing. No ARRIVAL or DEPARTURE available. That is why I gave up on that aircraft and now the Carenado 300 is showing the same !!! That is why I am thinking that I am not following the correct procedures but I am sure that I am, if you know what I mean. 

All of the material I have seen tells me to select a DEPARTURE but that option is greyed out. The MAP page shows the aircraft at the selected airfield okay and the geography is correct in the G1000. It's just that those darned SELECT ARRIVAL and SELECT DEPARTURE options are greyed out....Arghhhh

I'm looking for someone to simply say, " Ah okay, you need to select this first" or "You need to do this first" but I'm sure that I'm doing the correct setup routine, but maybe I'm not.

My plan is to update to an i5 or i7 with a 970 or 1070 card. That might explain the sticky/slow loadup times but not the missing G1000 options.

Regards...Kenny

my Feelthere Phenom 100 does the same thing. No ARRIVAL or DEPARTURE available.

the FT plane uses the default FS 'flight compter'.  all FT did was put some pretty graphics around the default.  if you are having difficulty accessing AIRAC data it means FS has a problem with the default gauges and/or database.

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Hello Scoob.

Thanks for the input, although I have no problems with the AIRAC data. I can update to a cycle and use it in other aircraft. It just seems to be this option of the SELECT ARRIVAL and SELECT DEPARTURE that has me stumped. I'm not usually so dense!! I've been simming for years and am reasonably savvy with my pc, hence my frustration with this.

In hindsight, looking at some other forums and blogs Carenado seem to be well known for pretty aircraft with no real substance. Empty boxes was one scathing remark. I would not like to pass judgement at the moment because everything else seems to work apart from these two options. I can't think what I'm missing here.

Mmmmm thinking about what you said, I did not think that the FSX database was updateable from Navigraph. I know it can be done from the aerosors site, but when I tried doing that a while back I was seeing the old FSX names plus the new updated names for ISECS etc. and some of the frequencies were not recognised.

Regards...Ken.

Kenny,

Do you have the FSX acceleration packs? it is necessary to run this plane..

It seems also that your problem could be due to security restrictions, I suspect that for some reasons the carenavigraph.dll is not loading giving you this grief. There is a well known issue with this under certain circumstances and Carenado posted a fix on their site: https://carenado.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/220116187-Navigraph-loading-database 

I use FSX-SE edition + Windows 10 and I never have any problems with security because this new version address this issue by launching FSX with higher privileges, perhaps you could try to run FSX as Administrator or use FSX-SE instead.

Let me know how you get own with my suggestions, we will get to the bottom of this don't worry.

NOTE: You cant update the internal FSX Database, this is why people buy more advance planes that are able to use the Navigraph database in order to be able to use more real flight plans.

Regards,

Simbol

Hey Guys.

Whew...Okay, here's the deal so far. I do have service packs 1 and 2 installed but no acceleration pack as such. An online friend has set my privileges to Everyone and Full Control. I assume that will sort out the security restrictions. I have read the Carenado fix in the FAQ's page but I was a bit lost with that, hence the reason for my friend helping out. If I need to do more than that, or that is not quite correct then please let me know. In FSX the 300 will load in okay at about 29 fps locked at 30, but quickly falls away to 0.6. So no joy there.

This afternoon I had the same thought as Simbol and installed it into FSX-SE. When I launched Steam I received the standard alerts about allowing gauges. I don't remeber getting them with FSX but I suppose I must have. On initial load I had 29.9 fps for over 5 minutes. Great stuff, but no standby AI aligning itself, just a black space. I had the three glass screens okay but still no SELECT ARRIVAL or SELECT DEPARTURE option. I then loaded the default Lear45 and then reloaded the 300 and the standby AI was there and aligning okay. Fine, I thought, I'll go for a quick flight, fps still holding at 24/25. However, still no Arrival and Departure options and the mouse would not control any of the Autopilot functions, heading, VS, course, altitude etc.

I have a paid version of FSUIPC set for mousewheel trim but that does not obstruct any of these functions in my FSX, so not sure what's happening in SE. I have not had SE all that long so maybe it's simply a settings problem somewhere regarding activating the mouse wheel. I don't see why though. It should work straight off the bat.

So to recap. I'm going to uninstall my FSX completely and re-install with a bit of thought. I'll need to figure out why the mouse is not working in Steam and I'm no further forward re. the G1000 options. Oh...hold on, I've still to try and install the Extension pack into Steam!! Hopefully, that's why I'm not seeing the Procedures option. I'll install it and report back.

Thanks for all the help so far...Kenny

Do you have the FSX acceleration packs? it is necessary to run this plane..

Wrong.

The acceleration pack is normally included with the service packs..

Wrong too.

Acceleration is an addon pack that includes SP2. SP1 and SP2 both are ONLY updates. SP2 doesn't include everything that Acceleration has. And for this specific plane you only need SP1 and SP2 (or Acceleration, which, as I just explained, is in fact the same requirement because Acceleration includes SP2).

If you use FSX Steam, like Ken does, then you don't have to worry about any of this because the Steam version includes Acceleration and hence SP2 already. Don't ever install SP1, SP2 and/or Acceleration into FSX Steam.

Hey Guys.

Whew...Okay, here's the deal so far. I do have service packs 1 and 2 installed but no acceleration pack as such. An online friend has set my privileges to Everyone and Full Control. I assume that will sort out the security restrictions. I have read the Carenado fix in the FAQ's page but I was a bit lost with that, hence the reason for my friend helping out. If I need to do more than that, or that is not quite correct then please let me know. In FSX the 300 will load in okay at about 29 fps locked at 30, but quickly falls away to 0.6. So no joy there.

This afternoon I had the same thought as Simbol and installed it into FSX-SE. When I launched Steam I received the standard alerts about allowing gauges. I don't remeber getting them with FSX but I suppose I must have. On initial load I had 29.9 fps for over 5 minutes. Great stuff, but no standby AI aligning itself, just a black space. I had the three glass screens okay but still no SELECT ARRIVAL or SELECT DEPARTURE option. I then loaded the default Lear45 and then reloaded the 300 and the standby AI was there and aligning okay. Fine, I thought, I'll go for a quick flight, fps still holding at 24/25. However, still no Arrival and Departure options and the mouse would not control any of the Autopilot functions, heading, VS, course, altitude etc.

I have a paid version of FSUIPC set for mousewheel trim but that does not obstruct any of these functions in my FSX, so not sure what's happening in SE. I have not had SE all that long so maybe it's simply a settings problem somewhere regarding activating the mouse wheel. I don't see why though. It should work straight off the bat.

So to recap. I'm going to uninstall my FSX completely and re-install with a bit of thought. I'll need to figure out why the mouse is not working in Steam and I'm no further forward re. the G1000 options. Oh...hold on, I've still to try and install the Extension pack into Steam!! Hopefully, that's why I'm not seeing the Procedures option. I'll install it and report back.

Thanks for all the help so far...Kenny

Kenny if you don't install the expansion pack into the FSX-SE edition you will not see the departure and arrival option enable, the expansion pack is what enables those two options so do that and see what happens.

Regards,

Simbol

Wrong.

Wrong too.

Acceleration is an addon pack that includes SP2. SP1 and SP2 both are ONLY updates. SP2 doesn't include everything that Acceleration has. And for this specific plane you only need SP1 and SP2 (or Acceleration, which, as I just explained, is in fact the same requirement because Acceleration includes SP2).

If you use FSX Steam, like Ken does, then you don't have to worry about any of this because the Steam version includes Acceleration and hence SP2 already. Don't ever install SP1, SP2 and/or Acceleration into FSX Steam.

Jeroen,

Please understand that I am trying to help Kenny, I own the FSX-SE edition which includes the acceleration pack + service packs, etc. and my plane is working without any issues.

What I was trying to tell Kenny is that by having the acceleration pack there is a better chance to use the plane without any problems or any FPS impact. Although you might be right with the technicalities it is clear that Kenny is not IT oriented so there is no point in confusing him any further with things that are irrelevant.

I think he has move things further since he was able to run the plane on the same hardware without any performance issues, this is probably because he was using the FSX-SE edition which contains all service packs, acceleration libraries, etc. however he forgot to install the expansion pack into the FSX-SE edition.

Everyone on this forum topic should focus on helping Kenny to enable him to use the Navigraph extension with this plane without any problems, he has been trying to solve this issue for weeks!

Regards,

Simbol

Yahoo Whoopdeedoo. Apologies to my American friends!!

I now have SELECT ARRIVAL and SELECT DEPARTURE in FSX-SE. I installed the Extension although I never had the loading database window. I still never had the standby AI so I loaded the default Cessna, started the engine, selected the Avionics Master to ON and shut down the engine leaving the Avionics on. I then loaded the 300. I ran through some basic checks and started the engines. When I selected the PROC button on the GCU 477 the two options were there. Happy days and blue skies!!

Mouse is still not working though, no plus and minus signs at the rotary knobs. Mmmm..still needs a bit of thought for this. Very strange.

Another little anomaly...the Flaps indicator now shows the word FULL when selecting full flaps in SE. it never did in FSX boxed it only ever went to THREE...most peculiar.

Thanks to all so far...Kenny

p.s. I have FSX Deluxe boxed. Do I still need the Acceleration pack for the 300 in FSX Deluxe?

Although you might be right with the technicalities it is clear that Kenny is not IT oriented so there is no point in confusing him any further with things that are irrelevant.

IMHO there is a clear difference between confusing and clarifying (and thereby preventing mistakes) but I will leave you to it. ;)