Sign in to follow this  
mwilk

Altitude pinned at 5000 2.0.1.17

Doing a flight today from YMAV-YSSY. The filed altitude was FL370. I was given an initial altitude of 4000 by clearance. Just after take off I was cleared to 13000. When I was passed to center I was instructed to descend to 5000. The next time I was contacted by center I was told to maintain 5000 ft. At that point I checked the UI and it said altitude pinned at 5000. I'm not sure exactly what happened.

NAX669.png

Something must have gone wrong.  If it happens again, please email me the flight plan and the trace log along with screenshots of Config ATCSettings and FltPln tabs, and I'll see what's happening.

Thanks,

Dave

Tried the same flight again. This time was much better but still had a few glitches. Everything was perfect until TOD. I was given instructions to descend from FL370 to FL280. That was fine and I given instructions to descend all along the flight path. I wasn't given the STAR until after I had passed the transition point. That was still no big deal. As I approached YSSY I was told to descend to 1500 ft. At about 5 miles from the airport I was vectored on a downwind that eventually took me across the approach bath of both active runways. At that point I was instructed to climb to 4000 feet. After that everything was pretty uneventful. I was vectored back to the ILS. I was handed off to the tower and landed with no problem.

NAX669.png

Thanks Dave. I'll give it a try later today and report back.

NAX669.png