Sign in to follow this  
jetsmell

Question about EZDOC

I have everything relating to FSX SE on my E Drive. When I download the EZDOC Camera, do I dowloadload it in the E Drive or my C Drive ? Thanks in advance.

Also do I install it on both drives? Plus, do I need to install an earlier version or go right for the 1.18 version?

Hi there jetsmell. Hopefully the link I attach will guide you in the right direction :).
When you download, it should appear in your download folder. When you execute the setup (can't remember if it was in the Flight1 wrapper) point it to where your fsx/fsx-se root folder is. 
Hope this helps.

http://www.simforums.com/Forums/ezca-v1187-p3d-v3-available-for-download_topic53929_page1.html

It doesn't matter where you install EZDOK, it is a normal "exe" program like all the other apps on your computer. It usually goes into "Program Files(x86)" as all 32bit applications do - and you install it only once. But it wants to reconfigure the internal camera system and key assignments of your simulator, and to be able to do that, you will have to tell it where your simulator is at some point. This is done after the installation is complete, with the EZDOK configuration utility.

EZDOK is referenced in and called by the "exe.xml" file of your simulator, and in there you have to specify the full path to where you installed the EZCA.exe (but you could lauch it manually too). It uses SimConnect to hook up with the simulator that is currently running on your system and to control the camera, so a suitable SimConnect client has to be present too.

• Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

I have everything relating to FSX SE on my E Drive. When I download the EZDOC Camera, do I dowloadload it in the E Drive or my C Drive ? Thanks in advance.

Sorry if this is slightly off topic. I'm not sure if EZDOC requires them but for FSX:SE it's a good idea to install all of the legacy simconnects if you haven't already done so - see https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5jpJmJ4wfzA for a guide. As I found out soon after changing to SE, quite a number of add-ons need these to be installed to work properly.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit