Sign in to follow this  
captain420

New Cathay Pacific livery for PMDG 777

I can't seem to find this livery anywhere, does anyone have it that they can please share?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Search for New Cathay PMDG in the Avsim File Library and then Order by Date and it'll be the third file down in the list. Actually there's a couple in the list there.

Sorry, I don't know how to paste a link here :-(

May all your landings be safe ones!

Hugh Costello - NZWN

Thanks Shug! :) Unfortunately the one I'm looking for is the PMDG 700-200 version... I only see the 777-300 version.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Thanks Shug! :) Unfortunately the one I'm looking for is the PMDG 700-200 version... I only see the 777-300 version.

PMDG did not release a 777-200

Dan Downs KCRP

Cathay only operate 5 -200 variants and I don't think any of them are in the new livery yet.

Why don't you want the -300 in the new livery. Alex Farmer has done two great repaints for these. Search for 'Goldstar Cathay' in the Avsim library. There are no -200 repaints in the new scheme

Because there are no pfpx/topcat profiles for the 300 variant, thats why.

Because there are no pfpx/topcat profiles for the 300 variant, thats why.

Use the B777F variant for PFPX and TOPCAT, that is the common solution and works well enough.  If you wish, you can adjust the fuel bias in accordance with the PFPX manual but it's not necessary.

I personally prefer the B77W for a couple of reasons, I like to hand fly it for the heavy big plane feel, the GMCS is nifty, it is more of a challenge to balance payload and fuel for the long hauls.  Delta and American both have interesting routes to follow.

Dan Downs KCRP

I also want to use the 777-300 for the longest time, but properly. So you're saying I can use the B777F profile in pfpx and topcat for the 300 variant? Do they share the same values? I'm sure there's big differences, such as the weight of the plane and size.

Ahhh don't know how I missed that one. I see a PMDG 777-300 profile in PFPX, but still none in Topcat.

I think flyprecisely has some templates/performance files available for download on the aerosoft site. I have cheated and used the -200 derate numbers from topcat- it hasn't failed me "yet" ...

We aren't running expensive flight departments here that need aerodata for every runway :)

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

Ahhh don't know how I missed that one. I see a PMDG 777-300 profile in PFPX, but still none in Topcat.

I believe there never will be a TOPCAT profile for the 300. Learn to use the 777F in TOPCAT. Development on TOPCAT has stopped. I don't know what the MTOW for the 300 is, but for the 777F it is 766800 pounds. That should cover the 300. Don't worry about the W & B page, just concern yourself with the takeoff and landings pages.

Thanks, I'll check it out!