Sign in to follow this  
captain420

P3D 3.4, strange loading problems, default flight screen doesn't show up

I'm not sure what happened, but everything was working fine until now. When I launch P3D it opens up the splash screen, loads up EZdok, and then the simconnect confirm window comes up asking if I want to continue, so I hit yes... and then i briefly see P3D's progress bar load to 100% and then nothing... this is where the default flight start up screen is suppose to show. I still see the simconnect confirm window popping up every 50 seconds stll. But P3D's default flight screen won't appear at all.

I check the task manager and still see that Prepar3D.exe is still running in the background. I've tried to restart my computer and still the same.

The only thing I did different was ran the EZconfig.exe to restore the cfg files. But I've done this before in the past without any problems. I tried deleting my Prepar3D.cfg file so that it can create a new one, same with cameras.cfg, and the 2 standard.xml and standard.xmlx in the control folder as well.

I'm not sure what's wrong. :(

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

"I check the task manager and still see that Prepar3D.exe is still running in the background."

In Task Manager / Applications tab.

Ezdok should be there Status "running".

P3D should not be there.

P3D will be in the Processes tab.

Is that what you see?

You could remove Ezdok from your exe.xml file to see if P3D starts without Ezdok.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Yes, EZdok Camera shows up under Apps and Prepar3D shows up under Background processes.

Another strange thing I witness before this started happening was that I started AS16 on my laptop, which I run over the network, and when I launched it, it popped up a window saying something about simconnect which I don't recall seeing before. Everything was working well before this. So this is why I think the problem may have to be either in EZdok, AS16, or simconnect. Those and me installing some planes and then running the EZconfig were the only things I did prior to this.

Ive tried removing ezdok from my exe.xml and the problem still happens. Its like p3d is waiting for something. It never quits. The process remains their. It looks as though simconnect is trying to establish a connection to something. I'm not sure.

Is there a way to view some sort of debug logs for p3d or simconnect so i can figure out whats wrong?! This problem is really bithering me because i wont be able to fly until i can resolve this issue.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Another strange thing I witness before this started happening was that I started AS16 on my laptop, which I run over the network, and when I launched it, it popped up a window saying something about simconnect which I don't recall seeing before. Everything was working well before this. So this is why I think the problem may have to be either in EZdok, AS16, or simconnect. Those and me installing some planes and then running the EZconfig were the only things I did prior to this.

Ok,

Using laptop, networked AS16, and the installation of some planes adds more to the possible cause?

Maybe you need to uninstall planes, remove Ezdok from the exe.xml, do not use AS16 and see if P3D starts ok?

My FSUIPC log checks if Simconnect is working.

Which OS and OS version number are you using?

Best Regards,

I'm using windows 10 professional anniversary edition...

This is the strangest problem. Everything was working okay. I uninstalled AS16/ASCA, removed EZdok from my exe.dll

uninstalled the planes, still the same problem...

I even deleted the cameras.cfg, prepar3d.cfg, and a few other files in the same folder to let it recreate new ones, and the problem still exists...

the thing is P3D.exe doesn't crash at all... it runs and stays running, but after the initial splash/loading screen, it disappears and nothing... usuallly you will get the screen where you setup your default flight, choose your airport, plane, weather, etc.

Just checked my FSUIPC4.log and nothing seems wrong in there.

Sigh this is really killing me.... looks like I won't be flight simming anymore... I'm not about to start all over from scratch again. It'll take me ages to get everything configured the way I want it. Sigh :(

I'm using windows 10 professional anniversary edition...

I use Win7-64.

It may be quicker for you to Uninstall P3D and start over with a default P3D setup and give it a good test before installing payware one at a time to further check it out.

Best Regards,

Okay, it finally loaded up after I deleted the dll.xml file!

So I'm assuming the problem has to be within that file.

Okay, it finally loaded up after I deleted the dll.xml file!

So I'm assuming the problem has to be within that file.

Payware products may make backup copies of your DLL.xml and EXE.xml before the install ... or you may have also backed up working copies prior?

Best Regards,

Yes I have a lot of dll.xml backup files after installing add-ons...

I did a comparison of one of my old dll.xml to the newest one and found an entry missing 

it was the as_srv\as_btstrp.dll entry missing...

and I found a new entry for a CMetroXml.dll

Gonna try a few things here to pinpoint what the cause of the problem is.

it was the as_srv\as_btstrp.dll entry missing...

and I found a new entry for a CMetroXml.dll

Active Sky and possibly Carenado e.g. CJ2 could have done them?

Good luck checking out your files.

Best Regards,

Okay, I found out the problem... it was this entry in my dll.xml file that was causing P3D not to load up completely:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>CMeteoXml</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>.\CMeteoXml.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

I removed that, and all is well. Do you know what that file is for? Yes I installed a carenado plane before this started to happen.

.\CMeteoXml.dll

As far as i know that's for the Carenado weather Radar 

Thanks, but not sure why p3d won't load when that entry is in there...

The Carenado planes seem to work fine even after I removed that from my dll.xml file...

I have this exact same problem. Just wanted to chime in. I recently upgraded ASN to thier beta version to support V3.4. I do not have any carenado products insalled, however, I have both those XML entries. This has to be a ASN error. What beta version of ASN are you using?

P3D loads normally when you change "False" to "True" in this line.... What is it doing by changing it to "true"?

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>CMeteoXml</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>.\CMeteoXml.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

If it's True the addon/module is disabled

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |