Sign in to follow this  
Tenpin

DME and ADF

I have version 1.1 installed. The DME on/off switch is not working. Tried the left and right mouse buttons, can;t turn it on. The VOR is not registering a direction. Where is the ADF indicator?

Aside from that this is one fine plane. :smile: :smile:

Check if the master switch is on, right overhead bottom row in the middle, check battery switches and generators while your at it.

VOR 1 needs to be set on the GPS unit, VOR 2 is on it's own radion on the pedestal. Personally I don't like the GPS solution, it's hard to operate and hard to see, wish we had a similar unit for VOR 1 as we do for VOR 2.

VOR 2 will show direction on the RMI left side of the main panel, same for VOR 1 as well as the ADF. You switch between displaying VOR and ADF by clicking the little button at the bottom left side, on the right side you swich between VOR 2 and ADF 2, although I don't think there's a ADF 2 on this plane.

Thanks Scarp, Will go though it again. Another thing. I can't get the the Bendix/King DME to turn on.

It should be on when the master switch is on, I think it's off by default. The knob on the instrument itself only switches between DME 1 and 2, I don't think there's an on-off switch as far as I can remember. But don't :db: me on that :Whistle:

Well, I'm clicking the left and right mouse left and rihgt button when it dawn's on me to try the scroll wheel.  I'm going to plead operator error. Rminds me of Cyan's new game "Obsession."
Thanks again for oyur help.

• Upvote 1

I Think my Problem goes along with this issue statet here by Scarp.

I Have the RXP530 installed and linked to COM1/NAV1 and as far as i understand this both feed into VOR1 for a ILS Approach. 

The Problem i have is, that my VOR 1 Shows only the red NAV Flag as if it was not recieving anything. I tried to switch the GNS to VLOC Mode as this should solve the Issue (at least it should on my understanding ). But nothing happens. Today after a clean reinstall it worked in VLOC Mode for one single approach and thereafter it turned unusable (the VOR1)...... 

Has anyone else similar issues with his VOR1 Gauge? I think having a VOR1 select Source Switch would be a perfekt solution as i think the RXP is hard on with interfering the "deep" Systems of Carenado.