Sign in to follow this  
DWH447

Garmin GNS 530 Advice Needed

G’ Day To All,

I’m currently seeking advice on which “Panel Mount” GPS most closely emulates the Garmin GNS 530 and works well with Prepar3d. I have no problems networking to a second computer if needed if this will avoid "windowed" mode.

I have looked at the Flight 1 G530 Enterprise Edition, and it seems attractive. I’m not adverse to the USD 1,500 requirements, however I cannot locate information on their website indicating a physical address or contact telephone number. (USD 1,500 is a lot of money to hand over with no address or human contact associated with it.)

I have also looked at the VR Insight however the overall appearance is different compared to the original Garmin unit.

Lastly, I’ve looked at the Emuteq, but it looks like a dead ringer for the Flight 1 G530. I would prefer not to work in windowed mode.

I apologize if this has been posted in the wrong section of the forums, I wasn't quite sure where to place this.

Any advice would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks In Advance,

Dave

I believe F1 is going to do hardware support in their P3D version of the GNS530W/430W.  RXP is also when they bring theirs back to P3D.

Might want to hold off for that.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thank You Ryan,

Is there a way to speak directly to anyone at F1? I'm hearing good things about their products, I'd just like to know where they are located and speak to a sales person by phone.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Dave

Dave,

You can submit a ticket at: http://tickets.flight1tech.com/

and someone will get back to you. BTW, the price is $1150.00 not 1500.00

Regards

Thank You,

I saw that on the F1 website. Normally a ticket is to get tech support after you buy a product. Not to get a "comfort level" before the purchase. The price correction is duly noted.

Is there a reason their contact / location information is not clear on their "About" page? I'm a bit baffled. It's not like it's a State secret.

Thanks for the info.

Dave

Our ticket system is for both. Inquiries and support. If you leave a ticket, someone will be with you in good time.

Nothing is secret, this is how we handle communication initially.

Actually, this is the more direct way:

http://www.flight1tech.com/WhyFlight1Tech/ContactUs.aspx

Best Regards

OK. I'm guessing you're with the company. Nice to meet you! I'm very impressed with the product. I'll get in contact via the link you provided and maybe you can give me a heads up on some details. First and foremost is the ability to mount it into the panel and have a PDF drawing for reference before it goes for the laser cutting.

Again....Thank You!

Best Regards To You,

Dave

Hi Dave, you could say I am with the company :)

Sure, get with us this way then if you would like one of us to call you we will indeed. Thanks for considering us. We do good work and we support it. And always have.

Best Regards