Sign in to follow this  
Guest contaegious

FS2004 doesn't recognize new aircrafts

I can't understand what's going on. I have installed a lot of new airplanes and/or textures, but lately the game "ignores" any new aircraft I install.Can anyone help me?Thanks in advance

Guest Jozef_K

A'm not sure, but when I remember well, there is a limit to the amount of aircraft you can install in FS2004. Move a number of the folders in the aircraft dir of FS2004 into another temp. location and see if this is the cause of your problem.Jozef http://homepages.onsnet.nu/~jkusters/signature.jpg

Y didn't say how many planes you had so I'm not sure the number of plane and textures have anything to do with your problem.It's a good idea to read the "readme" file to make sure you are loading the files correctly to the right folders and check your work as you go. There are several reasons planes don't show up. Some may not be compatible to a particular FS version. Many older versions of textures won't show or show poorly in later versions of FS.Look in your aircraft folder in FS*. if the plane is there open the file and make sure that all the necessary components are ther. you need a model file, a texture file, a sound file a config file and and air file. if you don't have a config file, you won't see the plane. no model, no plane. No air file, you crash. ( I crash anyway:-)) you don't need the sound,or pane as you may have to alias them.If you don't have FLIGHT SIM Manager 2.8.5, a free program very useful in installing aircraft and diagnosing problems I suggest you try it. You can get it from the library here at AVSIM.There are alot of people here who know far more(GiGs More) than I do and i'm sure they can offer better explainations and gobs more reasons to why youmay be having difficulty but I hope I helped a little. Best regardsJan1,KINDWhen I push the button and it works, I'm happy:-)

>A'm not sure, but when I remember well, there is a limit to>the amount of aircraft you can install in FS2004. Move a>number of the folders in the aircraft dir of FS2004 into>another temp. location and see if this is the cause of your>problem.I have four thousand in my active AIRCRAFT folder, no problem, Josef. Can't be that, I think.MarkMark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/maamlogo2.jpg[/a]

Guest contaegious

I am having a similar problem, but instead of the aircraft not showing up, the whole of Flight Simulator stays stuck at the main background screen (with the DC-3) and nothing loads for like 15 minutes, and then I find out it does not respond. Happenes everytime.And thing is, this never happened until I added the Dreamwings deHavilland Canada Dash 8 Q100/Q200 package into my aircraft folder. And now it doesnt work, even after removing it.Any ideas??

In fact I have installed several aircrafts before. Even a package of a lot of AI airplanes, wich I have not installed now.And about the correct installation, well, I have almost all of the original aircarfts repainted by me, so I've never experienced this problem.I'm confused.

Most mistakes are in the aircraft.cfg. Where the "Title" or "UI Variation" are the same for 2 or more different aircraft...OR-- The {fltsim} entry is not incremented properly.-------------------------------------------------{fltsim.0} <<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Increment 1 for each aircraft title=Antonov AN-225 Sovjet Space Agency <<<<<<<<<<<<<<< specific for each aircraftsim=an225model=1panel=sound=texture=1checklists=description=ui_type=AN225ui_variation=Sovjet Space Agency <<<<<<<<<<<<<<< specific for each aircraftaircraftatc_heavy=1atc_id=82060atc_airline=AEROFLOTatc_flight_number=8267{fltsim.1} <<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Increment 1 for each aircrafttitle=Antonov AN-225 Antonov Air Cargo<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< specific for each aircraftsim=an225model=panel=sound=texture=checklists=description=ui_type=AN225ui_variation=Antonov Air Cargo<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< specific for each aircraftatc_heavy=1atc_id=82060atc_airline=Antonovatc_flight_number=8267Regards,Roman

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap