Sign in to follow this  
Performanceguru

777-200 gone

Hi, out of the sudden all 777-200 models disappeared. The -300 variants are all visible. Anyone with any idea what may causes this?

When I pick a flight, choose any -200 variant nothing is displayed.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hans Nickessen

i, out of the sudden all 777-200 models disappeared. The -300 variants are all visible. Anyone with any idea what may causes this?

You need  to add your full name  to get  help  or  else  send  in a  support  ticket  in

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Does the OC still recognize any of the 200LR/F models? Are even the default PMDG liveries missing?

FSX or P3D?

Nothing?  Does this mean the simulator crashes to desktop, or the screen is black or what???

Dan Downs KCRP

They're installed and OC shows them. The -200F works fine. The rest is not displayed. Even the default House liveries..

(Unfortunately I'm not allowed to upload a screenshot.) When I choose any -200 variant the plane doesn't show up in the preview panel.

When I start the flight the cockpit is there fully visible but the outside view doesn't show the exterior.

Hans Nickessen

They're installed and OC shows them. The -200F works fine. The rest is not displayed. Even the default House liveries..

(Unfortunately I'm not allowed to upload a screenshot.) When I choose any -200 variant the plane doesn't show up in the preview panel.

When I start the flight the cockpit is there fully visible but the outside view doesn't show the exterior.

Hi Hans,

If the liveries are showing in the OC Livery Manager for the 777-200LR, take a look in the ...simObjects/Airplanes/PMDG 777-200LR folder.  There you should see a Model folder.  Inside it should be three files:

model.cfg

PMDG_777_200LR.mdl

PMDG_777_VC.mdl

The model.cfg file can be opened with notepad.  It should look like this:

[models]
normal=PMDG_777_200LR.MDL
interior=PMDG_777_VC

I am guessing that the first of the two model files is missing or something is wrong in the model.cfg file and it is not pointing to the first of the two model files (the second should be OK since you are seeing the VC).

If that is not the problem, make sure all the texture folders are there and have several files in each.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Deleting the two // worked.

The "//" is a method to mark comments, everything following the // (or ;) is ignored until the end of current line.  Odd how that appeared where it did.

Dan Downs KCRP

The "//" is a method to mark comments, everything following the // (or ;) is ignored until the end of current line.  Odd how that appeared where it did.

People in a few areas have recommended it to reduce VAS use I think. Probably picked it up in a guide. Otherwise, there may be some program out there that is doing it, which is somewhat worrying.

Kyle Rodgers

People in a few areas have recommended it to reduce VAS use I think.

I tried it and cut VAS by a couple hundred megabytes. So it works. I don't know what it does after the last update.

I did not feel comfortable using it. It is difficult to explain but the plane without an exterior felt kind of insubstantial. It was like being in Mercury spacecraft. Nothing below me.

Strangely the models file looked like //normal=PMDG_777_200LR.MDL.

Deleting the two // worked.

Odd how that appeared where it did.

Otherwise, there may be some program out there that is doing it, which is somewhat worrying.

Frankly, I'm surprised my suggestion worked.  Only think I could think of when Hans said 1) the OC was still showing the liveries and he could select one and 2) he still had the VC. 1) meant that the aircraft.cfg file was likely OK and pointing to the liveries, and that the liveries were still installed; 2) meant that he was loading the VC model.

I suspect some addon did this for some strange reason, as Hans would have known if he had done it.  Hans, did you install any addon or performance enhancer of any kind recently?

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2