Sign in to follow this  
Kermit_70

TrackIR

Hello,

I know that ChasePlane can be "paused" and trackIR used with no problems, but I really would like to have trackIR for inside the cockpit and ChasePlane for outside views, without ever have to pause anything....

Is/will that be possible?

thanks!

Right now, it is not possible to use ChasePlane for some view and TrackIR for others without enabling/disabling both applications.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Thank you, Keven.

Is it something you are considering developing? I am pretty sure what I described is the most common situation simmers would like to have... 

As a work-around, would it be possible to assign a SINGLE button to switch between the two applications (pausing one and un-pausing the other), so to switch from inside view to outside view with one press?

I am following your work and I think it is a breakthrough for outside views, although I believe that for inside the cockpit nothing can be better than trackIR or VR.

Thanks

TrackIR support is planned but not the focus at the moment. It is possible to assign buttons for pretty much everything.

Here is a screenshot of the Control Bindings page:

aj5ql6d.png

• Upvote 1

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

OK thanks. So I guess at the moment I will need two buttons: one to pause/unpause ChasePlane (which I don't see in the screenshot, by the way) and a different one to pause/unpause TrackIR.

Not the cleanest solution.

Do you plan having a board (like Trello) where users could vote for most requested features in future releases? That is often very helpful for developers .

Cheers

Do you plan having a board (like Trello) where users could vote for most requested features in future releases? That is often very helpful for developers .

This is indeed a great idea, we'll see what we can do about that!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Add a +1 for Trakir support. Been using "the other camera app" for many years along with Trakir. There's just no way I'm flying without it in the VC. Hopefully it becomes a worthy priority to incorporate Trakir into the new camera program. I'll definitely be watching.

• Upvote 2

Add me in for TrackIR support as well! This is a must.

• Upvote 2

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

The biggest concern for me with track IR, isnt so much the camera controls, but when you pause ChasePlane, you will also pause the motion effects correct? So Track IR and all those cool environmental movements are out the window. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Am eager to purchase this product. However, like others, I won't be relpacing EZDok until Chaseplane has TrackIR support.

Whilst I agree that TrackIR support is very important, I'm hoping the two products will at least work together right from the start. So I could use my head to look/move around in general, and have Chaseplane apply its own 'effects' based on acceleration and other factors. I'd be happy enough with that, if the two don't conflict in how they influence the camera. Pausing TrackIR to then move the camera around with Chaseplane's own control system (when required, or for screenshots) wouldn't be too bad.

As for a combined key to disable one and enable the other, can we not already do this ourselves? In the TrackIR hotkey setup you can choose to 'trap' a key, meaning it's not available to other applications. If that option is unchecked, the same key you use for TrackIR's pause could be assigned in Chaseplane to unpause... right? :smile:

(Note: I've never used EZdok so haven't got a feel for how two camera programs might fight with each other, so forgive me if I've said something ridiculous!)

I am ready to buy in any form and  receive support trackir later. I look forward to the alpha. Invite me please

Garber Sergey

Personally I think TIR support should be paramount to the application. There are quite a few users with it, so hoping that it does become a priority soon enough. In the meantime, how is it suggested to look around the corner for example while taxing? Expected to use the middle mouse button?

Tmrw is Nov 1st! Hopefully we can start using the alpha

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png