Sign in to follow this  
Kermit_70

TrackIR

Yes, let's make it a petition!

We hear you VERY LOUDLY  :Tounge:

We have moved TrackIR way up on the list of things to do but I cannot promise any time-frame for it.

• Upvote 2

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

We have moved TrackIR way up on the list of things to do but I cannot promise any time-frame for it.

:Applause:  :Applause:

NAX669.png

Good to hear that TrackIR has been moved up on the priority list! I will buy it once full TrackIR support has been implemented.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Good to hear Keven ;) - In the interim is there a way I wonder of using TrackIR with ChasePlane with a combination of the global enable shortcut... Any ideas? That way currently users could use Track IR (Albeit without the great turbulence effects) and then disable/re-enable chaseplane for view changes and for normal stages of flight...

Just thinking out loud

Hi,

Also happy to hear that TrackIR support has moved up the priority list - for me its integration is also a condition for buying Chase Plane. I am also surprised that this hasn't been a priority item in the first place (I had my credit card ready until I learnt TrackIR was not supported right away), not only because so many serious simmers use head tracking. But also because the history of EZDOK, as far as I know, also started out without TrackIR integration and the devs added it later because of so many requests.

I would have thought for the devs of Chase Plane to consider this EZDOK history and integrate, as a minimum, some of these (to many simmers) important functions right from the start of releasing their new camera add-on - even in an alpha stage (it is not a ready product of course, but it still is a basic release....). What happens now, concerning the lack of present TrackIR integration being such a no-go for many, seems to be almost like a repeat of the EZDOK story which might have been possible to foresee or avoid. 

Anyway, it is great that TrackIR support will be implemented at some time! I will be waiting anxiously until that time.

Bests,

Lennard 

Here is a temporary workaround since I'm working in a complet integrated solution for TrackIR in ChasePlane but it's working pretty well.

I really appreciate you focusing now on getting TrackIR working together with ChasePlane.  I have been a cult member of the TrackIR Addics Association for many years now. I always keep a brand new TrackIR unit in a drawer, still in the box, in case the one that I'm using falls apart, I won't be without TrackIR even for one day.

I purchased the alpha version of ChasePlane because I really do want to support your work, but I certainly can't use it until I can plug TrackIR into it and they will work together in harmony (making beautiful music :smile: ).

ChasePlane is looking amazing.  I really look forward to having it with TrackIR 5.

Thank you for listening to your customers.

Bob

If I can run TIR & CP ALTERNATELY...meaning...if I can;

1. Load up BOTH TrackIR and AND ChasePilot and;

2. Use then de-activate TrackIR (as we know, We can deactivate TRACKIR with a button or keystroke) AND;

3. ACTIVATE ChasePlane (with a button or keystroke), then;

4. DEACTIVATE CP AND REACTIVATE TRACKIR and;

5. Continuously Repeat steps 2-4 as needed without having to re-launch either...

I am ready to pull the trigger now. I believe in you guys enough from what I've seen and read, to know you have the will and talent to make TRACKIR & ChasePlane work together.

...Per OpusFSI , your biggest and most able competitor,

"Prior to using the TrackIR5 device via OpusFSX you must ensure TrackIR5 does not directly connect to the FSX/P3D simulator. To accomplish this you MUST rename the two SimConnect manifest files within the TrackIR5 installation folder. " but of course y'all knew that....but cant be as simple as that...can it?

My regards you your team for a magnificent start!

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

...Per OpusFSI , your biggest and most able competitor,

Yup, I'm a big fan of OPUS Camera.  Just waiting for ChasePlane to do its thing with TIR and I'm handing over the cash.

I believe in you guys enough from what I've seen and read, to know you have the will and talent to make TRACKIR & ChasePlane work together.

I'm happy to report that we have it working internally. We are waiting for a response from NaturalPoint to officially add ChasePlane in TrackIR's supported software list. We would then officially include it in Alpha 2.

• Upvote 2

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42