Sign in to follow this  
Paul12

Why does G/S not turn to green

If you remain at 6000 ft., which according to the quote you do, you will never capture the GS since the intercept altitude is 3230 ft.

Michael, according to my LIDO chart for LSGG ILS05, glideslope intercept at BELKA is 6000.  Crossing PAS inbound is 3200 ft.  Are we on the same page?

Dan Downs KCRP

So, what was the out come?

I did not have the time to try it out but will do soon.

I think I have a severe bug since I cannot make working flight plans anymore !!!

In any case I will keep you informed.

Thanks

HubertWerni

Herbert Werni

I think I have a severe bug since I cannot make working flight plans anymore !!!

If it worked before, or works only sometimes, I'm guessing that it's coming down to procedure. It's hugely important that you approach from below the glideslope, and have everything set up early enough for the aircraft to make all of its internal checks on a stable approach.

Kyle Rodgers

Michael, according to my LIDO chart for LSGG ILS05, glideslope intercept at BELKA is 6000.  Crossing PAS inbound is 3200 ft.  Are we on the same page?

Dan

I am not looking at the charts. I didn't feel like downloading the whole airport from Navigraph for one approach. I got the intercept for LGSS in the Approach for ILS 05 in SIDSTAR folder. On all ILS approaches I have always set the final altitude in the FMC as the final altitude in the altitude window at somewhere between 10000-4000 feet depending upon the altitude of the airport. At LGSS I would probably set it at 8000 ft.

I did not have the time to try it out but will do soon.

In any case I will keep you informed.

Thanks for the reply.

If you remain at 6000 ft., which according to the quote you do, you will never capture the GS since the intercept altitude is 3230 ft. The white diamond is probably buried at the bottom of the PFD. Roll the altitude in altitude window down to 3200 prior to reaching BELKA. The T7 will stay at 6000 until it is time to descend. Try that and see if it works.

Hello,

I am about to run the flight using your suggestions.Before doing so I have another question: is it imperative to have the newest AirAc cycles

installed ?

If it is not asking to much,could you send me a screen shot of the "white diamond" once you do a flight ? I never notice it,even

on a successful flight,such as landing on rwy 23 ( LSGG,Geneva )

Thanks

Herbert Werni

is it imperative to have the newest AirAc cycles

installed ?

No. In the FSX world nothing has changed at Geneva since FSDT released the airport.

If it is not asking to much,could you send me a screen shot of the "white diamond" once you do a flight ?

It would be tomorrow morning before I could a screenshot. Look at FCOMv2, page 10.10.14 to see the diamond. The image shows the correct position for an intercept from below. The diamond might be higher or lower but as long as it stays above the horizontal bar it will be okay.

No. In the FSX world nothing has changed at Geneva since FSDT released the airport.

It would be tomorrow morning before I could a screenshot. Look at FCOMv2, page 10.10.14 to see the diamond. The image shows the correct position for an intercept from below. The diamond might be higher or lower but as long as it stays above the horizontal bar it will be okay.

I appreciate your help very much.

Herbert Werni

I can't seem to get the screenshot posted. Don't worry about the scenery. It is just the video card gone haywire. Click on this link - https://www.dropbox.com/s/x44cm9sajxfbbdq/KLAX.jpg?dl=0 and it should be there. I don't think you will see the white diamond unless this option is answered yes. PMDG Setup>Aircraft>Displays>Nav Performance Indicator On. For the NGX the diamond is also in displays, page 2. PFD/ND NPS is ON

I can't seem to get the screenshot posted. Don't worry about the scenery. It is just the video card gone haywire. Click on this link - https://www.dropbox.com/s/x44cm9sajxfbbdq/KLAX.jpg?dl=0 and it should be there. I don't think you will see the white diamond unless this option is answered yes. PMDG Setup>Aircraft>Displays>Nav Performance Indicator On. For the NGX the diamond is also in displays, page 2. PFD/ND NPS is ON

Thank you for your efforts.I finally see what is meant by the white diamond but I still have the problem that they do not turn green.

Should it work when APP is activated while the diamond is up,down or as the attached screen shot shows

By the way the attached screen shot shows the LFSB airport,ILS Z15.

2953l00.jpg

If it were not for the fact that it works for the LSGG rwy 23 I would give up,formatting the hard drive and install everything

from scratch.However this is a lot of work

Herbert Werni

However this is a lot of work

And won't fix your issue. This is one of the most common mistakes by simmers: fix the creaky step, don't burn the house down.

Why won't it fix your issue? You're already above G/S in your picture. Technique issue.

Kyle Rodgers

Neither do I see white LOC or GS indications in the FMA.  I usually press the APP button when I see the GS first in reception range, usually indicated by a white diamond at the top of the glide slope deviation scale.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thank you for your efforts.I finally see what is meant by the white diamond but I still have the problem that they do not turn green.

I hate to say this; however, I take one look at that screenshot and it screams do Tutorial 1 again or if you haven't done it, do it for the first.

I finally see what is meant by the white diamond but I still have the problem that they do not turn green.

The diamond is not going to turn green. It will become magenta at intercept of the G/S. See post #8. G/S on the FMA will turn green. But nothing is going to do anything since you have not pressed the approach button. With the approach button pressed you would have captured the localizer and glideslope. But the way it is set up now the aircraft will just continue on a 4000 feet as the G/S goes lower and lower on the PFD. Set the ND to Map not PLN. What airport is this?

The diamond is not going to turn green. It will become magenta at intercept of the G/S. See post #8. G/S on the FMA will turn green. But nothing is going to do anything since you have not pressed the approach button. With the approach button pressed you would have captured the localizer and glideslope. But the way it is set up now the aircraft will just continue on a 4000 feet as the G/S goes lower and lower on the PFD. Set the ND to Map not PLN. What airport is this?

Your are right,( my mistake ) the G/S on the FMA should turn green ( what it never does except for LSGG,rwy 23 ).

I have decided to study the tutorial 1 in depth and then try again.

Will be in touch,however it may take some time.

HubertWerni

Herbert Werni

I have decided to study the tutorial 1 in depth and then try again.

Good! Pay particular attention to the Descent, Approach, and Landing phases.