Sign in to follow this  
jose88

Innsbruck Circle to Land

Hi!

I have a question... I flew the Tutorial 2 years ago but procedures changed. What is the correct procedure to select in the FMC to fly DME EAST and the Circle to land to Rwy 08?

Thanks

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

My best bet is to ask this question in PPRUNE under QUESTIONS, then hope you get mr nice pilot that will share his companys airfield brief procedure for that manoeuvre

Vernon Howells

Hi!

I have a question... I flew the Tutorial 2 years ago but procedures changed. What is the correct procedure to select in the FMC to fly DME EAST and the Circle to land to Rwy 08?

Thanks

You select the LOC/DME approach to runway 26 in the FMC and after the AB NDB you continue as shown in the following graph:

http://charts.vacc-austria.org/LOWI/LOWI_Approach_Visual%20Approach_19012016.pdf

You might also add fixes to help you navigate the circle to land.

This is a nice video demonstrating the procedure:

The guy in the video is a real world A320 pilot.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Here is the real world circle to land Approach for Runway 08, which matches FSX/P3D Terrain especially if you have a mesh for that area.  It's an excellent approach, I've flown it many times and we used to use it for our Shared Cockpit Captain's Certification.

For the correct procedure, take a look at the VATSIM Austria website. They they have TERRIFIC information and tutorial on this and other approaches as well as screen shots with vectors and NAVAIDS.

Enjoy!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Excellent responses guys! Thanks you!!!

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg