Sign in to follow this  
kiwiflyer45

When you think the limits of FS9 have been reached...

Those of you who have downloaded the wonderful freeware Hungarian sceneries and AI made available by LHS Simulations know that they are equal to or better than any payware out there. Yesterday I purchased their payware scenery of LHPR Gyor-Per and LHBY Bony-Gyorzentivan. The first is a small regional airport and the other a tiny rural grass airstrip. Not very interesting you may be thinking? You would be very, very wrong.

For 10 euros over at Simmarket you get the most incredibly detailed yet absolutely FPS-friendly scenery imaginable. And you get highly-detailed 56 square kilometers of the surrounding area. The price includes both FS9, FSX and P3D versions...

What is so mind-blowing about these two airfields is the astonishing realism - down to the tiniest details. Normally I find low-flying in FS9 disappointing - what looks good at higher altitudes loses its realism when you get down in the dirt. Not this scenery. You can brush your wheels across the top of standing corn and wild-flowers and with perfectly fluid graphics, experience something that I would have thought was impossible in FS9. Fly under power lines and really feel the adrenaline rush - yep, you can do that. And the seasonal textures are all equally good - absolute perfection for any time of the year.

This is a much-overlooked treasure friends. Even if you only fly heavy metal, you should still get this scenery just to see what is possible in our venerable but amazing flight simulator. I have seen nothing quite like it before

Cheers

Ian

Would you mind posting some screenies, Ian. I am only asking, because I am on P3D and have just installed the freeware PTA. The realism is so incredible that I would consider this a "Game Changer", meaning forget everything else you have seen before, that includes FS9 ! I'll post some screenies tomorrow

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Yes and do not forget their other payware offering Budapest Liszt Ferenc LHBP!

The attention to detail on their sceneries is extraordinary... this shot springs to mind:

uTea0i.jpg

Bear in mind this a large airport scenery with myriad buildings and Things.

They see fit to texture the support steelwork on a remote lighting pylon... what great scenery designers LHS are!  

Very good post, Ian! LHSim is like "ORBX for FS9".

From my screeshots archive:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/493303-once-again-b%C3%B6ni-and-pipishegyi/

That Böni is the scenery Ian mentions.

Our mate Garciamk3g also posted Böni shots:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/493115-fs2004-just-did-a-quick-flight-around-bony-lhby-in-the-j3-cub/

No GA season without visiting Böni (and freeware Pipishegyi) for me!

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

because I am on P3D and have just installed the freeware PTA

PTA is a shader / tweak config thing, right? I'd be interested to see how the LHS Sim sceneries look with that.

I concur Ian.

Bought all their sceneries upon release for I am an ardent fan ever since their freeware showed their potential. 

Yes and do not forget their other payware offering Budapest Liszt Ferenc LHBP!

I checked my LHBP scenery and it was Aerosoft 2007.....so I thought let's go for it. LHSim LHBP :Party:

So far I see telegraph poles in the airfield and flickering airport textures..... not exactly over the moon right now. :Hmmmph:

edit* Oh I get it now, it is one of those sceneries where one has to "turn the scenery shadows off" :db: (For flickering textures)

Still the telegraph poles problem remaining. I am getting increasing tired of fixing stuff I pay for.  :Cuppa:  

fsscr102_zps91bgfhzj.jpg

I replaced my Aerosoft LHBP scenery, largely because LHS had a newer version of the terminal building. Of course a little care is needed about what you disable, but the LHS scenery can be made to work perfectly. There's a thread somewhere, I think Harald had a lot of input there.

Back to Bony, and I found by remarkable coincidence an unfinished clip-in-the-making of it.

Here it is, (remember my rig is old and FRAPS the enemy!)

but the LHS scenery can be made to work perfectly

I've fixed it but I do not appreciate having to jump through hoops to do so. If I marked the scenery out of 10 I would deduct 5 points for the hassle LHSim caused me.

I will not purchase their other scenery. :hi:

Haha true you will battle to get a big Ilyushin into LHPR... but it is a VFR delight.

Now if I can just figure out how I broke the nose-wheel on that LET  :fool: it wouldn't have been the landing, no.

Great video. I'm also a fan of LHS sceneries.

I'm sorry that you seem to have these problems with the scenery. Don't we all know the feeling when the anticipation begins to turn into exasperation ...

WingZ my friend --- as a fellow Kiwi you should know that there's ALWAYS a good reason for a damaged nose-wheel when operating from a grass strip - those damn rabbits!! They dig a hole - we hit it with the nose-gear and then they cunningly fill it up again. it's all part of their nefarious plan to take over the country mate.... Apparently their Hungarian cousins have the same plan... Cunning little buggers I tell you....

edetroit - I'm sorry you haven't enjoyed the sceneries the way that most of us have. I have all their products, freeware and payware except LHBP and I have had nothing but absolute pleasure from each of them. I truly don't think the problem lies in the scenery itself (other than LHBP for which I can offer no opinion) or else there would be more people reporting the same kinds of problems.

As we all know, after all these years many of us have all kinds of issues caused by old files from long-deleted products as well as odd conflicts caused by the huge number of sceneries we have installed over the years. I share your frustration when a product you have paid for requires time and effort to get it to run properly but in this case I truly don't think it's the developer's fault. My experiences have been that the quality of LHS freeware and payware is in a class all by itself and thus far I've never had a single issue with any of them in either FS9 or FSX-SE. So I truly mean it when I say I'm sorry you've had a bad experience with them but I still stand by my original post and urge those of us who remain loyal users of FS9 (and in my case, also FSX-SE) to not overlook these amazing products...

Start with their freeware products - you have nothing to lose. Once you've seen the level of detail and incredible smoothness they offer, as well as breathtaking seasonal textures, then I hope you'll be willing to spend 10 Euros to experience FS9 on a level you never thought was possible. As someone noted above, it's "Orbyx for FS9."

BTW, for those of us who have a passion for the great military aircraft of the Cold War era, I'd be glad to provide an AI file and AFX that will restore Migs and Antonov 26's to Debrecen and Balaton, both former Warsaw Pact military bases...

Cheers

Ian

edetroit - I'm sorry you haven't enjoyed the sceneries the way that most of us have. I have all their products, freeware and payware except LHBP and I have had nothing but absolute pleasure from each of them. I truly don't think the problem lies in the scenery itself (other than LHBP for which I can offer no opinion) or else there would be more people reporting the same kinds of problems

I went onto their forums and there were others reporting exactly the same problems.

For the LHPR/LHBY sceneries the problem is you expect what you buy to be the complete scenery but it isn't. You have to find and install a library base pack. (might have been a good idea to include that in the download no?)

For LHBP again this required downloading a Landmark pack and then finding an afcad on the forums that excluded some scrub.

So both far from a smooth install. When I have calmed down a bit I might comment on what the scenery actually looks like. :)

edit* Ok I'm in business!

30563621956_cb30db292b_b.jpg