Sign in to follow this  
kiwiflyer45

When you think the limits of FS9 have been reached...

LOL ---- I shouldn't have boasted about flying under the power lines!!! Now how the h--l do I top that!!!! :lol: Awesome screenshot!!!

As for the other libraries you needed to install - it didn't occur to me to mention that as I already had installed all their freeware stuff long before so I sort of took it for granted. Did you also get their AI package? It's EXCELLENT and will give you some really different sightings of fascinating aircraft we rarely see in the West...

I'm glad it all worked out for you my friend - I can tell by the screenshot that you are definitely having fun with it after all the frustration

Cheers

Ian

edit* Ok I'm in business!

:good:

Exactly what Ian said. As a long term user of their freeware I had the base object library already installed, so that was no problem for me.

Regarding the telegraph pole problem:

I don't have it with my normal FS9 installation. It comes up without the freeware Hungary Landmarks/Landclass scenery by LHSim. But also without any LHSim scenery at all the light pole stands amidst the (basic) airport. It's obviously the stock scenery that lays a strange pattern of roads (with telegraph poles) over the airport. Testwise, I deactivated all add-on scenery and the poles are still there...

By the way, the LHBP scenery fits well with the old Aerosoft Budapest city scenery and its small airports.

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

See Ed? What would you do without a sharing, caring community like this?

You'd be the last person on the FS9 planet who didn't have all the LHS freeware and libraries already installed! So now you can put back 4 or so points in the rating, there is so much fun in solving little install issues so readily, isn't there? :acute:   

Actually there must be something in the waters of Eastern Europe: some lovely sceneries produced there, amply evidenced by Harald and His Travels.

Haven't seen much of the Czech VFR offerings around here, time to do a Czech tour maybe. 

Ian, I am wondering if there are Hungarian rabbits involved, that nosewheel doesn't look as if it was ever going to retract. There are some hare raising (that's a pun) stories about LET 410's in service in 3rd world countries which I might pursue...

EDIT: I always like to make a little picture when assembling sceneries... here's "my" Hungary, might be of interest to some:

7DjSxJ.jpg

Editing window has lapsed, so just a shot of my fully retracting bird at rest 'twixt the cornfields.

(See discussion )

JgwTUq.jpg

The aircraft has amazing short field capabilities, and the model is pretty good with a very respectable VC. I'll fly it to more places...

WingZ, welcome to the L-410 users' community.

It's amazing how a thread about the limits of FS9 scenery-wise develops into a discussion about a ten years old plane model... very nice!

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Hi Ed

From what I hear, Hungarian rabbits are actually larger than New Zealand rabbits though not as fast, which is probably why the New Zealand Wascally Wabbits always beat the Hungarian Bunnies In the Hole Digging World Cup. So it was probably a pretty big hole your nose-wheel hit and you shouldn't feel too bad about it.

I keep trying to come up with a pun to match your "hare-raising" quip but as I'm bald, my memory of having any hare to raise is pretty slim... I'll keep working on it, as well as working on matching that inverted flight under the power lines at LHBY. So far all I've managed to do is kill a lot of virtual Hungarian rabbits by digging big smoking holes in the ground...

Your map is pretty impressive. Any of the non-LHS sceneries you have there worth checking out? And if so, can you tell us where you got them?

Cheers mate

Ian

ps. I agree with you and Harald about the Let-410. Their Zlin 43 is also very good and available for FSX as well as FS9

Any of the non-LHS sceneries you have there worth checking out?

Definitely Pipishegyi. Look for "lhgy_vfr_v2_0.zip" in the "other" library. I myself would like to know more about LHPA and LHKA.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

discussion about a ten years old plane

All your fault, Harald, for bringing it out of the hangar again!

10 years, more than 1,000 planes in my sim... there's going to be one or two that I just plain do not recall at all!   :Batting Eyelashes:

LHPA and LHKA are in there because I played with MiGs at one time.

They don't need fancy scenery, just somewhere to fly from: 

hNx8b6.jpg

Thanks WingZ.

Yes, I know...

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg