Sign in to follow this  
RXP

Reality XP GTN Touch v2.2.2. Update

I'm pleased to officially announce the release of the v2.2.2 update!

We've been hard at work in including a lot of new features in this version:

• New: GTN 750 displays navigation charts! (where available).
  • New: GTN Audio Panel synchronizes fully with X-Plane audio panel.
  • New: GTN Controls X-Plane COM and NAV volume.
  • New: GTN COM TX/RX flags now supports the latest PilotEdge datarefs.
  • New: GTN Wind Vector map user field is now functional.
  • New: GTNDBFILE environment variable to select alternate database file.
  • Enhanced Ryan 9900BX TCAD to be less prone to spurious traffic alerts.

About the charts: the Garmin GTN Trainer includes about 1000+ charts for various airports mostly in the USA. These include airport, approaches etc... This is a great feature which overlays the geo referenced chart on top of the base map!

About the audio panel: previous versions were connected to X-Plane but only in one direction, that is any change in the GTN audio panel changes X-Plane audio panel. V2.2.2 now synchronizes in both directions! This is very handy when having 2 GTN 750 with audio panel enabled, as any change in one reflects in the other!

About the COM/NAV volume: the GTN volume knob located to the upper left corner is now functional in X-Plane and controls the respective volumes. This will come very handy with the updated PIlotEdge client which supports X-Plane volume controls as well!

About the TX/RX flags: the previous version included support for the basic PIlotEdge datarefs which signal TX and RX status. V2.2.2 improves on this and now offers support for the latest PilotEdge datarefs with separate COMNAV1 and COMNAV2 flags!

Last but not least:

Reality XP installers and products have been using an 'autoupdate' system for nearly a decade now. This system prompts you whenever a new version is available when you start any of our product, or when you select the corresponding option in the installer. We'd very much like you let us know if you are actually receiving such notifications!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hi,

wow that's great, thanks for the update, so it will be automatically downloaded?

With best regards

It was not automatic, anyway no problem, I re-download it and reinstalled it with the 2.2.2 version.

Now works perfectly! Thanks again RXP by your support.

The HOME/CHARTS works very very well.

Now I have a question. How works the HOME/MAP/MENU/Charts (on Map Menu)?

I started on KSFO to KLAX, created a plan and defined an SID and STAR on flightplan but having charts or not charts on the map menu setup I not see any difference.

(its not a rxp plugin issue, because on the gtn separated trainer is the same)

Thanks in advance

I was also unable to get the update automatically.  I had to reinstall using the original installer.  I actually bought the plugin today, so I had several installs, and I got a warning about licence activation.  Everything seems to be working correctly, so maybe I wasn't actually out of installs.

Is there a way to see what version of the plugin is installed?  I haven't been able to find anything in-sim (Garmin trainer version, but not the X-plane plugin version).

Thanks, I'm really looking forward to using this!!

Evan Purcell

I'm pleased to officially announce the release of the v2.2.2 update!............

Golden ! its awsome to see RXP being active ! thanks for the update !

HI all,

no update info automatically here...

Best

Steff

@stavka: I'd say just cross check you have map 'chart' overlay selected, an approach in the charts database, and maybe map details not set to minimum. I'd guess it also depend on altitude + phase of flight to some extent so as not having the charts displaying when not needed.

@BluesmanEP: there are many ways. The first one, is looking at the version numbers displayed in the e-commerce installer. Then, you can manually check the file versions in your "X-Plane\resources\plugins\rxpGNT\64\win.xpl". Just right click the file, properties, details, and you have the versions (a plugin is just a Windows DLL renamed to .xpl)

@MOFF: please make sure to cross check you have selected the 'automatic update' option in the installer. 

Also note the installer has an option to 'check now' if any new version is available. This will help you ensure you always get the latest prior installing the software.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Hi RXP,

Thanks for the update - charts and everything are working perfectly!

I was looking for the version number in the details view of the .xpl file, and don't see anything.  Here's a screenshot.  I'm using the most current version of windows 10 if that matters.

dBA7EeU.png

It also wasn't clear to me that the version number in the e-commerce installer is the version you currently have installed.  I thought it was showing the version that is going to be installed :)

Thanks!!

Evan Purcell

Thanks for the RegEdit tip!  It worked great!

Now I just wish all developers would include that information in their plugins.  Many have blank spaces in those fields.

Thanks again :)

Evan Purcell

I'm glad this helped! 

I can't imagine releasing any product file without such vital information for support!