Sign in to follow this  
vergilmarquardt

PMDG737ng on my saved flights engines cut out

Hi

On all of my flights that I have saved flying the PMDG737ngx  when I start the flight the engines are running,then engines cut out,the only way I can keep engines running

is when I move my MIX control ahead on my CH yoke,then everything works good again. If I move mix control back engines cut out.anyone have an idea what is wrong or what I can do. it was running good since I had it 3 years

thanks

Vergil Marquardt

Manual says to slowly let engines spool

Also, make sure Speed dentent on MCP is not on which could override hardware

input.

Doug Pelton

On all of my flights that I have saved flying the PMDG737ngx  when I start the flight the engines are running,then engines cut out,the only way I can keep engines running is when I move my MIX control ahead on my CH yoke,then everything works good again. If I move mix control back engines cut out.anyone have an idea what is wrong or what I can do. it was running good since I had it 3 years

Correct. The simulator's understanding of "mixture" in jets is 100% is ON, and <%100 is OFF. So, sounds like a calibration issue, and/or an issue of understanding how the program understands the axes.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle

Thanks for your help,I still cannot figure out what to do to fix problem where I would not have to have the mixture control set forward to keep engines running

I never to do this before,now I have a another problem, I have everything set up for a flight engines running, FMC set up I push back but now the nosewheels

will only turn to the right,I just keep going in a circle to the right, Do you have any idea what is wrong, perhaps I will have to uninstall and reinstall plane to see if 

that would help, my other planes are ok. appreciate it if you could hep me on this

Thanks

Vergil Marquardt

I never to do this before

Then something changed, and it wasn't our software. Simple scientific method would help you narrow down that the cause is external. In this case, as I mentioned before: your hardware.

Over time the hardware degrades and will send weird signals, or become less reliable.

Do you have any idea what is wrong

Probably, like the mixture axis, there is a calibration issue.

perhaps I will have to uninstall and reinstall plane to see if  that would help

In the world of troubleshooting, this is usually the absolute last resort. This is usually because in most of the cases, uninstalls/reinstalls do nothing more than waste time (and in some situations, erase the "evidence" that you can use to track down the problem).

Kyle Rodgers

If its a saved flight then check your rudder trim bottom of radio console. I bet its hard over. I get this all the time. Use the knob to centralise it and all is well. Some times its so hard over you cant see the indicator!