Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

2.0.1.19 bug switching to departure

Just to add. I did a flight today from ENZV to ENGM. 737-800. I have not been able to get the ATIS even though I have it checked and have a voice assigned to it. Received my clearance with no problem. Another issue I've been having is getting clearance to pushback. I called ground requesting pushback and start and was immediately given taxi instructions with no clearance to push back. The rest of the flight went as planned until I had started my descent. I was assigned a STAR and runway 19R. While I was flying the STAR approach advised me that I was off course and gave me another heading to fly. I ignored it since I was on course. As I got withing about 10 miles of the airport, I was cleared for the ILS 19R by approach but I was never handed off to the tower. Again, none of these issues were show stoppers.

NAX669.png

One thing I forgot to mention.  I got A LOT of errors, "Say again with callsign."  I was Delta701 and it wanted Delta seven zero one....should have been 'Delta seven-oh-one'.  Not sure if it's possible for it to look for 'Delta four thirty-three', 'Southwest thirty-one thirty-eight' and stuff like that.

Also, often, when I say the facility name I don't get a response.  "Dulles Ground....blah blah" gets ignored whereas, "Ground...blah blah" is often understood.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Yep, it only understands Zero for 0.  The other ones should work.

And yes, it has  trouble recognizing proper names like that.  They are added to the grammar dynamically, but the recognition engine may not recognize the pronunciation because all it has to go on is the spelling. 

Regards,

Dave

Mike,

What airport were you at for the ATIS and pushback issue?

On the approach, did you enter the STAR and Approach and press the Validate key?  That ensures the proper path is displayed on the map.

Dave 

What airport were you at for the ATIS and pushback issue?
On the approach, did you enter the STAR and Approach and press the Validate key?  That ensures the proper path is displayed on the map.

Dave,

I was at ENZV but I had the same issue yesterday departing ENGM. I did not enter the star. I usually never access the UI once I file the flight plan.

NAX669.png

Yep, it only understands Zero for 0. The other ones should work.

Oh...so I'll avoid putting 0 in a callsign.  Simple enough.  In terms of facility names, can I train it?  Like bring up a word processor and say "Dulles" and when it gets it wrong say "Correct that"?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

You can train it in Pilot2ATC.  Using the Grammar Helper screen Training.  You should do  the standard training anyway, if you haven't already.  Instructions start on page 51 of the User Guide.

The Trainer allows you to enter custom phrases you want to train on, so enter a few with Dulles in it and it might figure it out.  I actually haven't tried that.

Let us know,

Dave

I was playing around today at ENGM. No atis but I was able to get pushback clearance.

NAX669.png