Sign in to follow this  
edetroit

RealityXP FlightLine Guages released.

Title says it all but I was wondering can these be installed into payware aircraft. Anybody knows, please advise. Thanks gents.Cheers :)Tim

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Sweet!Yes, you should be able to install them in most payware aircraft. A few days after new Reality-XP stuff comes out, conversions start showing up on their forums. You might want to wait and see if the aircraft you are interested in get some user conversions done. Good mods usually involve getting into the aircraft config file adn using a lot of trial and erro. Like me, you sound like that is more than you want to jump into right now. :)I have been looking forward to this package.Tony=http://www.flightsim-bevs.com]BEVBetaSig.jpg

Guest ChadBlack

Tim, I have quite a few of the mods you're looking for. I try to call you sometime within the next few days to arrange getting them to you.

Guest JeanLuc_

Tim,you may consider starting with the step-by-step tutorial included in the User's Manual. After 10 minutes following it, you will get the essential knowledge to retrofit any panel very quickly.In addition, the FLT Service Manual (from your Windows Start menu Reality XP program group) details gauge sizes, names and covers additional panel editing knowledge.It really is easy with the step-by-step tutorial included in the documentation. Have you given it a try?As for the gauges, they are polymorphic! You configure an "Airspeed" gauge in your panel, and you set the type of airspeed with the FLT Config application!Any aircraft in flight simulator, be it default, freeware or payware is structured the very same way: a panel, a 3D model with textures, a Flight Model parameter file, a sound set, an aircraft configuration file to put all this together!Hope this helps!

They are great indeed. I even was able to do some edits myself after reading the short manual. I had never been able to panel edit before. (I am not computer friendly)They fit great in the DF 177, the A36, and the Carendo Cheroke. I also put them into the FSD Porter, Carenao 210 and the FSD Commander though they took a little more time and trial and error.I don't normally like flying in the VC because my computer is not the fastest, but let me tell ya... in the 2d pit they are smooth as silk. Scott

Guest SJDickson

Hi Jean-Luc, thanks for the new Flight Line T gauges. They're excellent.Do you have any plans to release ADF and VOR gauges in the future?

Congratulations on the public stand-alone release of the Flightline T gauges, Jean-Luc! I especially like your animated demonstration on your website - if I was not already aware of their smooth movement, that sure gives a great illustration!Best,Owen

ChadMan! How are you man! Thanks for the reply and I believe we might be getting together this weekend? I am not sure what Saturday brings but it might be with my daughter, I will let you guys know.Thanks again Chad :)Tim

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Guest Crimguy

Just installed them into two aircraft - the F1 172 and the Dreamfleet Bonanza.In 2D they are really incredible - you could use these for real IFR training.In VC they are a mixed bag, but it's due more to the VC design than anything else. In the A36, which uses 1 VC it s very good - almost as good as the 2d panel. The 172 is a bit rougher - it uses 2 VC panels, and as a result is a bit choppy.I hope more designers take this into consideration when they make their vc's, although I don't know how you can make a vc for a truly complex aircraft, e.g. a DC8, using just one VC panel.

GA aircraft are much easier to accomplish a single section VC without loosing a significant amount of pixel resolution, for example, the new update to the A36. I intend on doing the same for the new Twin Comanche I am working on. When you start looking at larger aircraft with many, many gauges such as the older steam driven cockpits (MD 80, etc.) it becomes very difficult to do that. There are always compromises that have to be made: pixel resolution versus smoothness of movement. I've installed the new FL-T gauges in several aircraft I fly periodically, and I am quite impressed at their smoothness. Oh, and I understand that Jean-Luc is working on a new package along the same design for navigation, which will be called FlightLine N. ;)Best,Owen

Guest SJDickson

>Oh, and I understand that Jean-Luc is working on a new package>along the same design for navigation, which will be called>FlightLine N. ;)>Woohoo! By the way Owen, one of the first aircraft I installed the Flightline T gauges into was your Bell 206B III. Very nice!

Any chance they can be run stand alone on a different PC...? I.e. give Project Magenta a run for their money!