Sign in to follow this  
jonss1948

If I turn My Computer Box On its Side

surely its not  apr  the  first yet,  just turn it  back the other  side  than it  should  run back in again

• Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Will all the electricity run out?

Jon

Yes, it will! But you can use a Power Stopper device, this will solve this common and anoying problem! It just costs 199 Dollar... I sell it :-D
  • Upvote 2

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

No, but sometimes it's a good idea to give it a good shake, just to re-energise all those electrons that are inside it and keep it nice and snappy.

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

And when you flush your toilet, the water in the bowl will swirl in the opposite direction.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I turned mine on it's side to see if my three 980 cards would run cooler. They did run a bit cooler because when upright the bottom cards heat would go up causing the top card to run much hotter. 

• Upvote 1

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I turned mine on it's side to see if my three 980 cards would run cooler. They did run a bit cooler....

An actual serious answer to a frivolous post.. and a handy tip for those who run triple gfx cards! :cool:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

I can't believe anyone would get upset by as silly post, a sense of humor is a blessing and going through life in a huff is no life at all.

Aaron Tirrell

I can't believe anyone would get upset by as silly post, a sense of humor is a blessing and going through life in a huff is no life at all.

Who's got upset?

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

This is a good idea. Since an electricity supply normally has live and neutral wires, neutral being the route by which the used electricity returns to the power station after going around inside the PC. Leaving the PC tipped over might save on the cost of power cables by needing only the live wire in future.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Will all the electricity run out?

Jon

So simple but yet so funny  :smile: