Sign in to follow this  
jonss1948

If I turn My Computer Box On its Side

And when you flush your toilet, the water in the bowl will swirl in the opposite direction.

It does where I live (New Zealand)

Matthew Kane

Mate: this is the direction.

Everyone else is opposite. :fool:

True, New Zealand the toilet goes counter clock wise. Light Switches go down for on, up for off, cars are right hand drive and drive on the left side of the road

And for the record.....a PC sitting sideways in the USA is oriented the same direction as my PC in New Zealand as we are approximately a 90 degree angle on the other side of the earth, so go ahead and turn your PC's sideways

Matthew Kane

Leaving the PC tipped over might save on the cost of power cables by needing only the live wire in future.

That's an entirely plausible scenario, but the problem with that is what's left after running the sim is strictly negative electricity so now we have negative electricity running all over the place with no positive electricity to balance it out and eventually it becomes an environmental hazard when negativity exceeds the positive. :P

how about leaving the door open? lol

..scrap that, have a hole in the floor so it can pour through and go to ground.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Who's got upset?

Was wondering that myself :) most likely post 3

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Will all the electricity run out?

Jon

If you make sure that the PSU fan is pressed tight against the wall, or say, a heavy book, that should stop the electrons from draining away and you'll be fine.

Yes, it will! But you can use a Power Stopper device, this will solve this common and anoying problem! It just costs 199 Dollar... I sell it :-D

I heard it on the Wireless, that's what happens when you turn it on its side.  My electricity bill is high enough. I don't want to waste it

Jon

If you make sure that the PSU fan is pressed tight against the wall, or say, a heavy book, that should stop the electrons from draining away and you'll be fine.

I took the side off the box once and it didn't happen then but with regard to your post, they wouldn't have done that back in WW2. I think they had buckets of cheap electricity back then.

Jon

I tried it.

Something went 'BANG'.

Ooops. :fool:

Regards

Bill

Maybe all the electricity tipped out. See? 

Jon

surely its not  apr  the  first yet,  just turn it  back the other  side  than it  should  run back in again

I understand what you're saying but that would be like doing a BIOS flash in DOS. Too risky but thanks for your help.

Jon

That's an entirely plausible scenario, but the problem with that is what's left after running the sim is strictly negative electricity so now we have negative electricity running all over the place with no positive electricity to balance it out and eventually it becomes an environmental hazard when negativity exceeds the positive. :P

One of the other reasons I don't want to do it before checking with you people. Do you think it might stain the carpet?

Jon

There's five seconds of my life I won't get back

My ex wife said that, a lot.

Jon

• Upvote 3

Hey, I remember way back when every computer was on it's side.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

What would happen if you turned your monitor on it's side?  Reductio ad absurdum, non? 

Actually, on the sims we have built, we are using 2x monitors, & the cockpit monitor is turned on it's side, with the scenery one as normal. No, we do not fly with tilted heads!!

Also, a major issue to take note of....

When the box has been turned on it's side, the built-in coffee mug holder :Cuppa:  ( the one that slides out at the touch of a button) becomes redundant!!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

No, but just a single bite by a tiny little pony could actually kill a fully-grown hornet instantly.

Thank you for that information. Another little known, fact: A wet duck, never fliy's at night.

Jon

Because i was curious I turned my PC now on its side. All the electricity dripped over the RAM causing a memory leak -.-

Electricity and memory is mixing on the floor and starts smoking...

Now I am not sure if should call emergency? O.O

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Actually, on the sims we have built, we are using 2x monitors, & the cockpit monitor is turned on it's side, with the scenery one as normal. No, we do not fly with tilted heads!!

Also, a major issue to take note of....

When the box has been turned on it's side, the built-in coffee mug holder :Cuppa:  ( the one that slides out at the touch of a button) becomes redundant!!

No kidding, is that what that's for? I never knew.that. I had to restrain a lot of my old friends in the home, from standing there, pressing the button incessantly. I tried putting a 45 rpm record in mine but it didn't fit. A mate told me it had an electric eye inside that could read it. I think he might have been pulling my chain.

Jon