Sign in to follow this  
SEFEH

P3D image make a jump

Hello,

I have a P3D platform 3.4 running under 64bit WIN10.
My computer has the following spec
P3D, FTX ORBX Global
Win10,
Intel Core I7 4790K 4.0 GHz
Mem 16Gb
GPU MSI GForce 980TI Gaming
SSD1 Tb
Firewall Win10 disabled
Windows defend deactivated

Avast all directories excluded where the software and data are P3D

P3D slides are set quite far to the right, but without being particularly high.

The system runs well with 22-25 in FRPS for example Heatrow. The problem is that the recurring with no or few minutes makes the image on the monitor a jump where you almost have a still image for a few tenths to sometimes maybe a second. It does not matter how I set slides. This phenomenon always come back. It can stop some days but come back.
What am I doing wrong or forgot to check. If anyone has knowledge of this, I would be happy to take part of what can cause "jumps"

Sincerely
Folke Ekeroth

fslabs_banner.png

Are you using TrackIR? I had the same experience in 3.4.9 with TrackIR and qualified it as "stutter". Personally, I went back to 3.3.5 - also to avoid issues with OOM. Problem gone.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

If what you mean by "still image" is random long frame times, where the image freezes while the audio continues, and then a short while later the simulator continues as normal but with a noticable jump, then I have the same problem. And I have been unable to find the cause. I play a lot of other games with no similar issue. It is only present in Prepar3D. I didn't have the issue on my previous PC, but earlier this year I built a new PC and had random long frames in P3D from day 1. I have done a lot of performance testing, but have been unable to find anything wrong with my hardware. So now I just live with the problem, and for me it is just a minor issue that doesn't really bother me.

That jump occurs with me too... But it seems normal when you do switch cameras. It`s looks like the scenery are positining with the change of cameras.

My%20Signature.jpg

Long frames seem to be a necessary evil when using complex scenery.  The rendering engine does not seem capable of loading parts but must hold the frame until the whole is loaded.  Some tweaks help but I haven't found an actual solution.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi.

Many thanks for so many replys! Good to hear it´s not only me have this problem. I don´t have any camera and. The problem pop up when I switch over to Win 10 and installed the new GPU. A friend told me about Win 10 can cause such a problem but could be solved by using something about memory he could´t  explain. I guess we have to live with this for a while. Anyway thanks all for Your interesting.

Regards

Folke

fslabs_banner.png