Sign in to follow this  
davesimmons

Unable to save flight plan

Since the last 2-3 updates (17-19 I think?) I have not been able to save any flight plan in .vbf format

The config/Flt Pln tab points to the correct save folder.

The save function seems to execute but no file is produced.

I am using X-Plane on Windows 7

Thanks

Dave Simmons

Dave,

I haven't had any problems with the Save function.  Can you provide  the details of a flight plan that won't save and I'll try and duplicate the issue.

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave

I have tried all types of flight plans. I can export as .fms though and import and load .vbf plans, just not save them.

I will do some more 'investigating' tomorrow. I guess if no one else has reported this problem then it must be something in just my installation.

I will probably try a fresh full install and hope that works??

Thanks

Dave Simmons

Dave,

A fresh full install will likely not help.  If you do one, just install over what you have.  DO NOT UNINSTALL ANYTHING.

If you don't have the latest update (2.0.1.19) then doing a full install over the current one will update the AIRAC to cycle 1605, so that might help.  If it still doesn't save, send me the .fms file and I can try and duplicate the problem.

Dave

Hi Dave,

I have found out how the problem occurred but not why.

Because I am waiting for X-Plane 11 to be released I changed the name of my 'X-Plane 10' folder to 'X-Plane 10.51' (for an update reason)

I then changed the Pilot2ATC Config/Flt Pln folder to 'X-Plane 10.51'

I guess that Pilot2ATC did not like this and refused to save .vbf files.

Now I have changed the name of my X-Plane folder back to 'X-Plane 10' Pilot2ATC is saving flight plans OK.

The moral for me is not to fool around with things when everything is working fine. (I will never learn)

Thanks for your help.

Great program by the way

Dave Simmons