Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

FSD license malarkey

Guest allcott

>I experienced the same "I MUST BE STEALING" attitude from FSD>about a year ago. I moved FS9 from my D drive to a new raid>array C drive. Reinstalled windows and FS9 with no problem.>All the AC I purchased from Flt 1, Lago,and Feelthere>installed without a flaw. When I tried FSD ac, I kept getting>install error telling to contact FSD. After posting for help>on thier website,those arrogant #### removed my post and sent>me a email accuseing of stealing thier products. I had at>least 5 of thier AC I purchased from them. And they had the>proof of purchase. But they insisted that I installed some>hacking software from some person I never heard of that>defeats thier protection. And I was SOL in getting to use what>I paid for. I remind you this was on a brand new install of>win XP and FS9.>>I believe sellers have a right to protect thier software. But>when a paying customer is made to feel like a common crook,>that's overkill.>>FSD is the only company out there that won't allow you to>customize your panels the way you like, without jumping thru>hoops. I own alot of payware aircrft, so I know these guys are>wayyy over the top on paranoia.>>Bill MInteresting. The only way they could make such an allegation is if there software IS spying on your system, assuming you didn't tell them you had this mysterious `hacking software`. So not only are they commercially stupid, insulting their customers, they are exactly the kind of people they rail against.Allcott

Guest firehawk44

I had to reinstall everything on my system too and was successful with all except products from FSD and some from SimMarket where the downloading timeframe had expired. Nevermore! They have lost my future business. Flight One's system is the best IMHO and PMDG does well too (after receiving many complaints from customers). Cloud9 uses another party to handle their transactions and that is okay since they will send you an updated key everytime when you email them and ask for it. But their system is somewhat of a hassle and not as consumer friendly as FlightOne's and PMDG. I fully understand the need by commercial developers to protect their products but some need to review their EULA's and make them more consumer friendly. They'll have many more sales in the long run. If they are paranoid about people shoplifting their products, they shouldn't be in the business. They are basically calling a customer a liar whenever the customer provides some proof of purchase (such as e-mail address, logon info, and/or credit card used) and they deny another key or, in rare instances when everything is lost on your system including backups, the ability to download the product again. Make/keep the customer happy and they'll become filthy rich!Best regards,Jim

Guest Len

Yes, F1's the best, period. I will no longer buy from FSD, period.

FSD guys are idiots! I have experienced their ignorance too.I don't buy their junk. Their aircraft all fly the same way anyway. lol

>Hey Guys,>>I recently dared to re-install my FSD Cessna 337. An aircraft>I bought many months ago & never really had a chance to fly.>>After having to download various new installers, the license>system refused to install & asked me to contact support. Fair>enough, I had hours to burn that day. >>However, FSD refused to re-issue my License because my IP>address had changed dramatically.>>I work in the game industry & move overseas often. I explained>that to them & even sent a jpg screen grab of my original>invoice. Still not good enough. They just smugly sent me a PDF>of their EULA.>>I guess that settles it from their end. I feel totally ripped>off by their over-anal protection system. As far as I'm>concerned, FSD are nothing more than common criminals.>>Even Windows XP & all my Flightone products will activate>multiple times from within the US or Europe.>>FSD do nothing more than force legit customers to turn to>piracy.>Hopefully this can help a few people avoid being stung in the>future.>>Thanks,>George Grimshaw>FlyTampa>>You should write to the Better Business Bureau with ALL documentation.

>FSD guys are idiots! I have experienced their ignorance too.>I don't buy their junk. Their aircraft all fly the same way>anyway. lolYou said the same meaningless sentence last time around.In reality, there are a handful of well known top notch flight dynamic designers in the business. FSD has one of them.I really must question the statement, that they fly the same. Please backup this statement. I've used their aircraft models for years, including all those times that FSD gave out free upgrades for default aircraft. L.Adamson

Well, you succeeded in getting this thread locked. Post something like that again, and you won't have to worry about getting threads locked.