Sign in to follow this  
Rhinozherous

Fastest General Aviation

Hey pilots!

I flew the C182T from a2a and thought she is relatively fast... but is there something faster?

What is the fastest private GA aircraft?

But I talk about more common aircrafts, not fancy things like Royals Turbine or Prototypes.

Regards

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Try RealAir Lancair Legacy. It's an excellent airplane, brilliant visuals and flies really well. I fly C182 from A2A too but if I want a bit more oomph then it's the RealAir Legacy that I go to.

Rupert

Best regards

Rupert

The fastest you can get is the Cessna 400 Corvalis. There is a Carenado variant out there.

King air is pretty fast, and it's very common too. As a bonus it looks absolutely beautiful.

If you are willing to go a little bit bigger, the Pilatus PC-12 and Mitsubishi MU2 are very fast.

Peter

Although I realize you asked for "normal" GA aircraft and you specifically excluded the turbine upgrade to the Duke, I would still ask you to look at RealAir's Lancair Legacy V2.  In my opinion they've taken the normally aspirated Legacy and stepped it up by adding a turbo-charged power plant (400 hp) which now enables the Legacy to reach speeds of approx 300 kt (TAS) and an altitude of 35,000 ft.  Pretty impressive for that class of GA aircraft.

The legacy ticks all the boxes for sure. Wonderful aircraft and add on

Thanks, I am sure I will trie the lancair in the next time! I already own the turbo duke, it is awesome.

My question altough was more about the real things, not so about the things available for FSX :-) But it is always nice to see what we can get in sim.

Or are they also in realworld the fastest?

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Thanks, I am sure I will trie the lancair in the next time! I already own the turbo duke, it is awesome.

My question altough was more about the real things, not so about the things available for FSX :-) But it is always nice to see what we can get in sim.

Or are they also in realworld the fastest?

In the real world the Mooney Acclaim Type S is the fastest single piston. The Piper Aerostar super 700 is the fastest twin piston

Pilatus PC21 is the fastest single turboprop. The Piaggio Avanti is the fastest twin turboprop

Or if you want to stay non-turbo and single-engine: The TB20 is a bit faster than the 182T.

Without doing any research to see what the fastest single piston is, check the piper commanche.

For a single piston its pretty fast and A2A are always saying how fast it is although theirs is a 250 which maxes out at 165. In the real world there is a 400bhp version which has a top speed of 194kts.

Chris