Sign in to follow this  
tull

Recommend any other weather engine than active sky?

REX is working on an new product but no word on a release date as yet.

I can highly recommend AS16+ASCA... there is a 30% off sale atm so get it while its hot :)

Love the in-cloud motion

Yeah there's no bundle, you have to buy them separately...?

spacer.png

another very satisfied OpusFSI user

http://www.opussoftware.co.uk/opusfsi.htm

Curious, never heard of that one.

...Ostritch?

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Thats a shame. Maybe they need to advertise more? It really is a great option.

The Live Weather Engine really does give excellent results and I find is more in line with the weather at my locality out of the window. Having said that, my last try was with the demo of Active Sky Next so things may have changed on that front.

Also the built in dynamic cameras with weather induced 'shake' is a great bonus and means you don't need another program running such as Ezdok. I also find the shake effects to be much more aligned to the actual conditions with Opus than I did when I tried Ezdok. Its especially nice with Opus when you go through a cloud bank and the turbulence effect kicks in on the cameras. Very nicely done.

Everyone has their own preferences and favourites of course,  but I have certainly been very satisfied with Opus. Its also constantly being worked on and all users get to try the latest betas if they like to.

• Upvote 1

Its a BRILLIANT addon.  I'll go as far to say, that I'm about as likely to start a flight without it, as I am to start a flight without FSUIPC.  In fact, both FSUIPC and OpusFSI are auto launched on every flight.

To have an addon with such a low overhead, that controls both weather, all camera views AND head movement, is great!

I'm amazed there's anyone not heard of it.  I *believe* there's a trial version, but I'd be very surprised if anyone tries it and doesn't buy it.

another very satisfied OpusFSI user

Ditto

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Though you may already know this, but I'll mention it only to cover all the bases. If you decide on the full reinstall then I recommend you perform a low level format on your hard drive rather than a quick format. I mention this only because I recently came across someone who had just completed a reinstall and did a quick format. The full format will check the disk for bad sectors and close them off from being written to in the event it finds any, which a quick format only removes (overwrites really) any files from the disk.

Note that this is generally not recommended on a SSD. A low level format writes to every bit of the drive and this can be detrimental to a SSD. No harm in doing it on a HDD though.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Thank you Dave for your advice, yes defo full format, thank you everyone, appreciated.

Paul

Regards

Paul EGCC

REX is working on an new product but no word on a release date as yet.

Yeah there's no bundle, you have to buy them separately...?

No bundle for what I know :) that is due to that some people only want to buy AS16 and use it with EG rex 4 :)