Sign in to follow this  
Vinayak

PMDG 737 Airport 'Not in database'

Hi Guys,

I recently bought the PMDG 737 and after playing with it for a few days, I got this problem. I wanted to fly from OTHH( Hamad International Airport, Doha, I use TAXI2GATE scenery ) to OMDB ( Dubai International Airport, Dubai, I use FlyTampa scenery ), I tried entering in OTHH into the pos init page, but the plane says 'Not in database', so I then googled and found out that I need to update the planes nav data and downloaded navaids (navaids link: http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html ) and updated all regions. But, still after doing this it didn't work, it still says 'Not in database'. Please help me in this, thank you for your help.

What is the date of the navdata of the 737? I believe you can find that on the FMC init page (I am 3000 miles away from my flight sim PC, so I can't check it).

OTHH was opened in 2014. Perhaps the navdata is older than that. In that case, OTHH will not be included in the navdata. The only solution would be to update the navdata.

Marc ter Heide

Hi voske,

How do I update my nav data for the PMDG 737 ( I would like freeware ), does navaids help?

I don't believe there are freeware navdata updates. I use Navigraph for navdata updates.

Marc ter Heide

Hi Voske,

I just checked and my current nav data date is August 24 2011 and Nav data AIRAC-1108, so does this mean my plane is out of date? And the plane says in the FMC "NAV DATA OUT OF DATE" so clearly this means I need to update the nav data, how do I do this ( I would appreciate it very much if there is a free way ), please help me in this, thank you for your help and assistance.

Yes your AIRAC is out of date.

There is no freeware for FMC database. Buy an AIRAC cycle and it will work. You can choose between Aerosoft NavData pro and Navigraph.

Hi Voske,

If I use a currents AIRAC update which is the cheapest option on Navigraph, how Long will this update last? Will it keep me up to date for at least 2-3 years ?

If I use a currents AIRAC update which is the cheapest option on Navigraph, how Long will this update last? Will it keep me up to date for at least 2-3 years ?

There are 13 AIRAC cycles published every year, just like in real world aviation. For Navigraph, you can buy 1 cycle, 4 cycles or 1 year (13 cycles). See this link (under FMC Data section).

Hi Jetstream96,

Can I get the once cycle and will it work properly after I get that?

Hi Jetstream96,

One*

Hi Jetstream96,

Can I get the once cycle and will it work properly after I get that?

Hi Jetstream96,

One*

Yup. Major changes like the opening of a new airport happen only ever so often. So you can update to the current AIRAC and then leave it alone for another year or so.

You wouldn't do that in the real world, but it's just a sim, it won't hurt.

Thank you Jetstream96 and Voske for your help and assistance. :)

• Upvote 1

And keep in mind that airports can also close. For example SEQU (old Quito) was closed when SEQM (new Quito) was opened. SEQU is in the default FSX, SEQM is not. In current navdata SEQU of course does not exist, SEQM does.

sigfile_dva.png