Sign in to follow this  
mikeymike

Blurry textures beyond LOD

Hey guys

I know this has been asked many times

Thou are blurry textures beyond the LOD normal in p3d v3.4? Thou clear up as you get closer? Textures are very sharp and clear within lod.

I have ht on with AM 116 only tweak

All addons are set to 0,1,3,7 in process lasso and p3d exe is set to high priority

Pc specs

i7 4790k at 4.4

2x gtx titans in sli

Asus vi extreme mobo

2 x ssd

2tb and 3tb hdd

16gb 1600 ram

H110 water cooler

Any advise is appreciate

I have tried evrerything

And looks the same in distance and when i zoom in also

Cheers

Mike

I think this is normal? Beyond LOD the textures will be more blurry than within the LOD radius around the aircraft position.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

I think this is normal? Beyond LOD the textures will be more blurry than within the LOD radius around the aircraft position.

Thought so

Damn sucks

Would be nice if could be corrected sometine in the future.

Cheers

Mike

Cheers

Mike

??????

Use 84

Rich Sennett

??????

Use 84

Hey mate

Really eh?

Steve w suggested 116

I dunno im lost

K will try 84

??????

Use 84

So i have tried 84

Which sets p3d on 2,4,6

And all addons asn ut2 etc on 0,1,3,5,7

P3d exe priority set to high

As was with am 116

And still same washed out blury in distance then clear up getting closer

I guess that is the norm with p3d

Unless yours is completely clear and crisp autogen in distance and when zooming in

Then i must be doing something wrong

Cheers

Mike

Hey mate

Really eh?

Steve w suggested 116

I dunno im lost

K will try 84

Steve has posted numerous times 84 is a great choice and for me 116 was not cutting it and I have the same cpu as you and HT on - not all systems are equal as for LOD AM will not help with that it helps with smoothness of sim - for LOD PTA will help with the illusion of better LOD - it is what it is nothing we can do about it so its not you

Rich Sennett

Hey guys

Thou are blurry textures beyond the LOD normal in p3d v3.4? Thou clear up as you get closer? Textures are very sharp and clear within lod.

If the blurries remain when the sim is paused, it is not about performance. P3D is just like that - unfortunately. PTA helps a bit disguising it.

Only if the blurries get sharp while the sim is paused should you worry about performance settings.

Steve has posted numerous times 84 is a great choice and for me 116 was not cutting it and I have the same cpu as you and HT on - not all systems are equal as for LOD AM will not help with that it helps with smoothness of sim - for LOD PTA will help with the illusion of better LOD - it is what it is nothing we can do about it so its not you

I am.using am 84 seems.pretty good but issue still remains.

Oh well guess there is nothing incan do about it

Richard did you also set all addons to 0,1,3,5,7??

Or would you for instance set asn to 0,1

And say ut2 to 5,7? Not all addons on

Or all to 0,1,3,5,7?

Tjanks

If the blurries remain when the sim is paused, it is not about performance. P3D is just like that - unfortunately. PTA helps a bit disguising it.

Only if the blurries get sharp while the sim is paused should you worry about performance settings.

Interesting will try pausing the sim and see whay happens

Thanks

I am.using am 84 seems.pretty good but issue still remains.

Oh well guess there is nothing incan do about it

Richard did you also set all addons to 0,1,3,5,7??

No Mike I just put the AM=84 in my cfg file I dont mess with anything else - keep in mind your monitor does make a difference - since picking up a Sony 43" ultra 4K monitor - performance and picture quality is way better now

Rich Sennett

Hey guys

All addons are set to 0,1,3,7 in process lasso and p3d exe is set to high priority

Pc specs

i7 4790k at 4.4

2x gtx titans in sli

Asus vi extreme mobo

2 x ssd

2tb and 3tb hdd

16gb 1600 ram

H110 water cooler

Any advise is appreciate

I have tried evrerything

Cheers

Mike

I also had blurries and very slow texture loading with AM 116 (HT enabled). If you want to keep HT on, don't use 84 but rather utilize more of the cores and go for AM 249. This works perfectly for my setup with HT on...

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

No Mike I just put the AM=84 in my cfg file I dont mess with anything else - keep in mind your monitor does make a difference - since picking up a Sony 43" ultra 4K monitor - performance and picture quality is way better now

Cheers

Ya getting a sony 55 4k hdr soon

• Upvote 1

Cheers

Ya getting a sony 55 4k hdr soon

You will be blown away my friend - you would think it would take more hp on these larger screens - its the opposite - looks amazing and no more NI - adios - its truly awesome

Rich Sennett

You will be blown away my friend - you would think it would take more hp on these larger screens - its the opposite - looks amazing and no more NI - adios - its truly awesome

Lookung forward to ditching nvi

Question for you,what p3d settings wouuld you recommend to use for long haul flights with pmdg 777 with my pc. specs?

With autogen density etc etc

Thanks

Mike