Sign in to follow this  
onduty

Another one with click spots...

Hi Dear Guys,

I know there have been discussions on this topic, but the answers are so diverse that I cannot figure out a solution.

In short: this misterious click spot "disease" reached my setup.

After hundreds and hundreds of successful flight hours on my NGX and after a short break in usage (due to my rw aviation activity) I wanted to fly her again.

And to my bad surprise I found that some clickspots are not working. Mainly on the MCP panel! Some are OK, like the ones on the FMC CDU and on the pedestal.

I have EZDOK installed, I tried to disable it without joy.

I even reinstalled my NGX (together with Simconnect) : no improvment.

So, I am simply unable to fly my PMDG again, N637BL is sitting in my hangar with a group of engineers scratching their heads around her...

Absolutely no changes made to my hardware/software.

Every bit of advice, hint or experience is greatly welcomed! Badly missing my 737NGX.

(The rest of my addons including PMDG 777 are working normally.)

Cheers,

tamas

I have EZDOK installed, I tried to disable it without joy.

I'm betting it's something to do with the adjustments in the camera position by this program.

Use:

CTRL+ENTER/BACKSPACE

SHIFT+ENTER/BACKSPACE; and

CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER/BACKSPACE

To move your viewpoint around to ensure it didn't move "into" a surface, like the headrest.

Kyle Rodgers

Oh Dear... that was quick!  Many thanks for your promt answer! That's what I call product support!

I will try, altough, I experienced a lot with my EZDOK camera setting, moving forward and aft , up and down, etc.

Will report back.

Cheers,

Tamas

Hi Again,

This thing simply drives me crazy. I did some tests and found:

- the rotary knobs and A/P mode pushbuttons on the MCP panel are inop. But some push to select buttons like the STD in tha baro knob and the TFC knob in the range (EFIS Ctrl Panel)  selector are working normally! (by that I assume that it is not a "shade out" problem)

- it seems that all the switches and rotary knobs are working normally on the overhead panel

- all the controls on the main instr. panel seem to be ok.

- some selected rotary knobs (like the freq. selectors)  are  inop on the pedestal. Others like the light knobs are OK.

Feeling getting lost, I have never encountered a situation like this in my FS history (rather long).

The worst part of this that I fear that the root of my problem is some gross user error what I do no not recognize... or which more frightening: a full reinstall of my FSX is required?

That would mean weeks of work considering the amount of payware and settings what I have now.

With hope, cheers,

Tamas

a full reinstall of my FSX is required?

Likely a giant waste of time. I'd avoid this step until you're attempted EVERYTHING else.

The worst part of this that I fear that the root of my problem is some gross user error

Interestingly, I suggested that you move your viewpoint around, but your mention of all the things that you tried and checked makes no mention of attempting what I suggested. If you're going to ask people for help, you should really go through the effort of checking what they suggest (and report back on it). Otherwise, it's pretty pointless to ask for help.

Have you checked other liveries for the issue?

Kyle Rodgers

Dear Scandinavian,

I did what you have suggested but without result.So, the failure to correct this problem was not because of my stubborn and stupid refusal of your recomendation.

In the meantime I did a long and extensive search on the net and found a post on the PMDG 777 forum back from 2013.

It offered an unbelievable and weird solution to the problem which worked in my case!!! (Congrats to the guy who find out this soulution - could not imagine how he discovered this!)

I post it here to help some other desparate guys who all of a sudden run into this phenomena:

Open your FSUIPC and go to the controller calibration pageges. Find the page where you can calibrate your cowl flaps, YES, I MEAN COWL FLAPS! (no matter if no controller is assigned to this axis).

Press the reset button for all four channels.. and voila you got back those bl...dy PMDG clickspots!!!

Cheers,

Tamas

Tamas,

That is peculiar indeed.  We mention in a number of places that we do not recommend the use of FSUIPC with our products- due in large part to it's ability to create totally unanticipated issues.

This one is among the strangest of the issues we have seen- but I do have some ideas on how we might mitigate it.  I'll add this to our development discussion and see where it leads.

In the mean time- if you run into anything spectacularly odd in the future- try taking out FSIUPC to see if the problem clears... If it does- then at least you can reinstall it and start hunting through settings until you find the miscreant.

Glad you are back to enjoying rather than researching...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com