Sign in to follow this  
RaptyrOne

Running a second monitor with P3D

I have a second, smaller 1080P monitor, not being used currently. If I connect it up to my GTX980 Ti GPU, can I run applications like PFPX, Pro-ATC-X on the second monitor while P3D runs simultaneously in pseudo full screen mode (I know it is more a full screen window mode) on the main 1440P monitor? This would allow me to avoid occasional Alt-Tab'ing. I suppose this adds quite a bit of strain to the GPU?

Thanks! 

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Hi Gregg. I am using two 1080p's either side of my 1440 with no problems whatsoever. I have all three hooked up to my 980ti and configured in the Nvidia Control Panel. Great for running PFPX, G-Plan , PATC etc. or simply surfing the web on those long-hauls. 

Regards,

Main monitor is 32 inch 2560x1440 and also have a 21.3 inch 1600x1200 as a secondary monitor. 

Both connected on a GTX 970 and no problems here. I usually run the GTN 750 screen on the second monitor and any other utility type program that uses screen real estate.

Great thanks, going to try hooking it up this weekend then!

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Same here.  I use a 55 inch 4K TV, with three 23 inch LCD monitors on a GT960, and there is absolutely no performance hit.

Best wishes!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

That is a good news .

How can I do , main 31" monitor for cockpit view at middle and two monitors each side for windows view?.

What size monitor do I need for each side.?

How to connect these three monitors?( I have two GPU) :unknw:

Thanks

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

You'll need the same size monitors, running at the same resolution to use the NVIDIA Surround mode, however I don't use this and don't recommend it.  Best to use one monitor (the largest) as your FSX/P3D screen, and the other monitors for other programs you use for your flight =- such as Charts, Aviliasoft Electronic Flight Back, VATSPY, and, well, the list is really unlimited.

Thought you might like to see what I run....

Dave%27s%204th%20Monitor%20Added%20Back.

Dave%27s%204th%20Monitor%20%232.png

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Dave,that is perfect.

"..and the other monitors for other programs you use for your flight =- such as Charts, Aviliasoft Electronic Flight Back, VATSPY, and, well, the list is really unlimited."

How I shall open Charts program for 2nd monitor and  3th monitor for AEFB program ?

Thanks

Ahmet Sanal

Just open them, and drag them to whatever monitor you wish.

Dave Hodges

By the way, I could not find a desk big enough for all three monitors back when I ran 3 23-inch LCDs (1920x1080), so I designed and built my own for under $50 USD.  One doesn't even need a saw if they have a Home Depot or Lowes type store in there area (I built mine in a small apartment at the time).

Now I'm designing a different, bigger desk to support all the monitors and 55 inch 4K. 

Flight Simulation is just another term to describe our spending tons of time and dumping money into something wives and girlfriends hate!

LOL.

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

Running multi-monitor, can you still go into "full-screen" mode or is the limitation you can only run P3D in Windowed mode to take advantage of the other monitors?

Thanks for all info. This is a winter project . :smile:

Ahmet Sanal

Flight Simulation is just another term to describe our spending tons of time and dumping money into something wives and girlfriends hate!

LOL.

Dave, you have wives AND girlfriends and still have time to flight sim, wow!

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

Need some more help please...

I plugged in the second monitor. When I start P3D, it spans across both monitors. Nice wide view but I can't use it like this as both monitors are very different in size. Do I HAVE to run in windowed mode (that is to say with menu across the top of the screen) to have other programs on the second monitor?

Also a second question: This exercise has got me wondering, is DVI or HDMI connector better for P3D, or does it not matter. I know both are digital and I do not need sound through the monitors. Primary display is 2560x1440 and secondary is 1920x1080. Both monitors support both connectors, as does the GTX980Ti.

GregH