Sign in to follow this  
Niceone0267

FS9 World texture errors

Had a quick peek at your video but can't say that I noticed anything particular.

I doubt very much that there are errors in the World textures otherwise we would have heard a lot about them by now.  I certainly don't have any myself but, there again, FS2004 is only 13 years old so maybe I need to do a bit more testing!!

Dijvid

Actually there are five or six well known scenery glitches in FS2004. They are discussed here as well as fixes for them.

http://www.3dsoftworks.net/products/sixfixes/

The one most noticeable to me was the 100,000 foot spire in South America. I took an F-104 once and tried to get to the top of it...couldn't. I had to slew to it. Kinda cool.

Randy

I think the OP was referring to textures not loading... that is a system overload problem, not an FS9 problem. There are various fs9.cfg tweaks available, a quick Google search will find plenty of material for you to try. Ultimately you may need a better graphics card.

MUCH more interesting was the fact that your LET 410 also does not retract the nosewheel!

I made this clip

http://www.avsim.com/topic/496940-when-you-think-the-limits-of-fs9-have-been-reached/?p=3501254

and lazily thought there was a model issue, now I see a little research is indicated!

And finally... landing a STOL civilian airliner on a carrier is of course your prerogative!

Landing in the downwind direction however, will cause some raised eyebrows, even if it is your sim and you can do whatever you want! :shok:   

MUCH more interesting was the fact that your LET 410 also does not retract the nosewheel!

WingZ, it is a model issue - the PWDT_L410FG aircraft.cfg contact points are missing the nosewheel extend/retract time entries:

point.0 = 1, 10.409, 0, -5.784, 2360.907, 0, 0.8, 56, 0.27, 2.237, 0.895, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0

should be:

point.0 = 1, 10.409, 0, -5.784, 2360.907, 0, 0.8, 56, 0.27, 2.237, 0.895, 5, 5, 1, 0, 0

edit: forget that, it looks like the PWDT_L410FG nosewheel is fixed in the down position as part of the model. The PWDT_L410UVP models have retracting nosewheels, and have better panels too.

Thanks for that thought, I tinkered with the contact points and could disable the main LG by way of testing the parameters.

However, the nosegear does not respond! (As you point out in your edit, which I only read later)

I am looking at the model description, which says "FG", presumably meaning Fixed Gear.

And a comparison with a variation of the model whose NG does retract, shows a different oleo/door:

LzYASn.jpg

I conclude: some bright spark made the sum and decided that RNG wasn't a priority on this aircraft!

Perhaps to do with occupancy of the glazed nose?

Amazing, I will fly it with its dongle a-dangle then... :)   

Wingz, you are right. I remember reading about this. THe gear retraction was not possible anymore due to the glass nose modification.