Sign in to follow this  
Rydent1

PMDG 747 Queen Of The Skies ii Sounds

Hello, i was wondering what the sounds are like on the upcoming 747. Are they recorded from the real aircraft like avionics, packs, engine/ engine start sounds, etc?

Cheers :)  

Are they recorded from the real aircraft like avionics, packs, engine/ engine start sounds, etc?

As we've always done with our full products, yes.

Kyle Rodgers

Thank you :) I think i might have to buy when it is released then :) Cheers for the quick response Kyle.

Thank you :) I think i might have to buy when it is released then :) Cheers for the quick response Kyle.

Welcome!

Kyle Rodgers

Let's hear some from the new product right now...

• Upvote 4

spacer.png

Gents! please, when it ready, it will be ready. :smile: 

David

Gents! please, when it ready, it will be ready. :smile:

But you see, brother, *I'm* ready right now... ;-)

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

We have some lovely new sound features in this aircraft not seen on our previous releases ..... and of course a lot of time has been spent getting all three engine types as close to the real thing as possible.

:Whistle:

• Upvote 1

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

We have some lovely new sound features in this aircraft not seen on our previous releases ..... and of course a lot of time has been spent getting all three engine types as close to the real thing as possible.

:Whistle:

Most excellent.

spacer.png

New features... like does the engine sound finally fades away and gets drowned out by the wind noise as you climb higher into the thinner air? :Big Grin: Presently 90% N1 sounds the same on the ground and at 30000 ft... in any sim and plane :He He:

Our ears are not that well calibrated.  Sound engineers work with perceived sound levels with weighted messaging to model the ears sensitivity to noise, and it gets real complex real fast.  True, the sound propagates slower and the sound pressure level is less in thinner air but I doubt that this is measurable using perceived sound pressure measurements with the existence of the much louder slipstream noise.

I assure you that Armen is well acquainted with the science behind the music.

Dan Downs KCRP

all three engine types

Only three? Assuming that we're talking about GE/RR/PW for the 744, what about the GEnx on the 747-8i?

Only three? Assuming that we're talking about GE/RR/PW for the 744, what about the GEnx on the 747-8i?

Stop and think about the only aircraft we've been talking about recently. Has the 8 been part of that?

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Stop and think about the only aircraft we've been talking about recently. Has the 8 been part of that?

Well, in this thread no aircraft (or subtype) has been specified, and the scope of the addon will comprise the -8i. That's why I wanted to make sure that the GEnx sound will be part of the deal as the fourth engine sound.