Sign in to follow this  
Rydent1

PMDG 747 Queen Of The Skies ii Sounds

Thank you Armen, for those in-dept explanations. I am a big fan of the KLM, and therefore the GE engines in particular. The CF6-80 sound is my favourite, so I am having my fingers crossed that they will turn out great. The sound is a vital part of the simulation experience for me. But I am quite amazed at your professional approach to produce top-quality sounds, so I am having high expexpectations. Please don't release the plane if you are not happy with the sounds yet. I am looking forward to it and will probably be buying from day 1.

Armen, I just wanted to add something. Yeah I know, sorry for being so hyped about the GE variant.

I wanted to say that I noticed the GE sound from the cockpit is very very loud i reality. The whine is more like a whistle, an extremely loud whistle.

From the RTO video on YouTube I noticed this whine was there somewhere in the background in the beta, but was not loud and distinct enough from my view. Yes, I know the bad quality of the video made it sound worse, and yes, I know you're working on the GE variant. But I just wanted to give my two cents on what I think it SHOULD sound like. Loud and whistly. The grind, should in my opinion also sound quite a bit more grindy.

For reference, this is how loud the whine is compared to the other cockpit sounds.

The KLM 747 brings back memories, so the sound is an extremely big deal for me. I know the systems and visuals are always top notch and so are the sounds, so I shouldn't be so worried, but I can't help being obsessed with it because I want to have the best immersion possible in my nr 1 favourite plane.

If the GE sound is good I will definitely be buying, not a doubt.

Armen, I just wanted to add something. Yeah I know, sorry for being so hyped about the GE variant.

I wanted to say that I noticed the GE sound from the cockpit is very very loud i reality. The whine is more like a whistle, an extremely loud whistle.

From the RTO video on YouTube I noticed this whine was there somewhere in the background in the beta, but was not loud and distinct enough from my view. Yes, I know the bad quality of the video made it sound worse, and yes, I know you're working on the GE variant. But I just wanted to give my two cents on what I think it SHOULD sound like. Loud and whistly. The grind, should in my opinion also sound quite a bit more grindy.

For reference, this is how loud the whine is compared to the other cockpit sounds.

The KLM 747 brings back memories, so the sound is an extremely big deal for me. I know the systems and visuals are always top notch and so are the sounds, so I shouldn't be so worried, but I can't help being obsessed with it because I want to have the best immersion possible in my nr 1 favourite plane.

If the GE sound is good I will definitely be buying, not a doubt.

You can always fall back onto the TSS 747 GE sounds if you are unsatisfied. Their rendition of the CF6s on the 747 is excellent. 

Thank you Ben, I know TSS, but never really liked their version either. It is 5 years old now. I saw however, they are starting to record new sounds for the 747 GE, which I think will be amazing this time.

However, I hope I will not have to buy a third party soundset, because I prefer using the original sounds. Listening to the NGX and especially 777X (which is spot on), I know they have the ability to edge close or even match TSS quality.

I guess I will just have to wait and see. Back to studying Aerospace Engineering now. :)

New features... like does the engine sound finally fades away and gets drowned out by the wind noise as you climb higher into the thinner air? :Big Grin: Presently 90% N1 sounds the same on the ground and at 30000 ft... in any sim and plane :He He:

In my experience, especially on the 737, the wind noise gets more quiet as you climb into thinner air.

Jack Colwill