Sign in to follow this  
hqmurphy

Elevated ORBX scenery (KMRY)

Hello All,

I'm hoping someone might be able to offer any thoughts or advice on how to fix this issue I'm having with an abnormally elevated Monterey scenery. The whole field seems to be abruptly elevated approximately 500ft higher than the surrounding scenery. I have the latest ORBX Library, however I do not have the Northern California landclass, which says is "required" (I have several other ORBX sceneries without the landclass and they work perfectly fine.)

Any input would be much appreciated!

v32eti.jpg

Northern California is not just land class. It includes mesh which KMRY was designed to fit on. If you have FTX Vector you may need to run the elevation adjustment tool.

Best get help over on the Orbx forum as its their product.

Hi FTX NorCal is required for KMRY. 

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

I'll repeat a prior recommendation:  Seek help for Orbx products in the Orbx forum.

Run the Vector airport elevation correction tool, this is all that is required.  The high detail terrain mesh for KMRY and bay area is included with the airport.., not with FTX NA NCA.

Dan Downs KCRP

downscc,

Thanks for the recommendation - i don't have vector, however. Will this still help?

downscc,

Thanks for the recommendation - i don't have vector, however. Will this still help?

Well if you dont have vector then it wont. / cant

By chance do you have My Traffic? That is notorious for messing up airports as it installs its own ADE files. Delete the my traffic one KMRY if you do have it

I doubt that it would work with Vector. ORBX claims that aiports designed for full fat regions require them to work correctly.

I might be wrong as i never tested it. Besides that i never had elevation problems with full gat regions, airports and Vector.

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

Back to Orbx, where the product page for their KMRY airport does require FTX NA NCA, and the regions like NA North America require FTX Global.  Also, I just noticed you called the NCA Northern California a "landclass" item, which it is absolutely not. The sub regions like NCA are highly detailed sceneries.  Sound like you should be spending some time in the Orbx forums asking questions and carefully read all of the product page before purchasing.

Dan Downs KCRP

the regions like NA North America require FTX Global.  A 

The regions have their own texture set and don't require Global. OpenLC NA does however.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Sound like you should be spending some time in the Orbx forums asking questions and carefully read all of the product page before purchasing.

Ironic post of the day  :wink:

• Upvote 1

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

Yup, my mistake... thanks Dominique.

Dan Downs KCRP

Trying to figure out how to use pertinent NCA bgls to enjoy KMRY without NCA. I bought all FTX regions sans Australia and New Zealand only to realise that regions are not fliable due to VAS limitations. FTX Global+ OLC+Vector + Airports look and work very well.

Thanks,

Dirk.