Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Try this flight...now

Just took an FSX flight in Airbus 319 from KPHL to KBDL  (Bradley/Connecticut).  Wow....landing is so cool with snow flying at blizzard speed and you definitely need to hit the ILS on this one.  But it is a breathtaking landing right now (12:45 pm).  I just love the reality of weather and FSX. 

My Daughter just made this flight in person the other day for business, so I generally try to replicate  the flights I or my family take.  It keeps the sim interesting for me.

Stan

Nice flight have done it many times, better in Snow. Made flight from keen to kbgm with snow this morning. Enjoy

Talking of KBDL, I bought the FSXcenery version of this airport recently as I wanted to replicate the newly introduced Aer Lingus 757 flight from Dublin, with a more realistic airport at the US end. Although FSXcenery KBDL is certainly a considerable improvement on the default, it is unfortunately not really up to the standard of what we have come to expect from FSX payware airports today, particularly in terms of the textures of autogen buildings etc. Nevertheless it is a nice little addon providing your expectations are not much above the level of freeware!

Bill

Talking of KBDL, I bought the FSXcenery version of this airport recently as I wanted to replicate the newly introduced Aer Lingus 757 flight from Dublin, with a more realistic airport at the US end. Although FSXcenery KBDL is certainly a considerable improvement on the default, it is unfortunately not really up to the standard of what we have come to expect from FSX payware airports today, particularly in terms of the textures of autogen buildings etc. Nevertheless it is a nice little addon providing your expectations are not much above the level of freeware!

Bill

Thanks for bringing that developer up as I had never heard of them. They offer a lot of smaller regional fields that a lot of developers haven't touched. While not as nice as FlyTampa and others, they are a step up from modified AFCADS. The price is low as well.

I'll be picking up a few for sure.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks for bringing that developer up as I had never heard of them. They offer a lot of smaller regional fields that a lot of developers haven't touched. While not as nice as FlyTampa and others, they are a step up from modified AFCADS. The price is low as well.

I'll be picking up a few for sure.

They have been turning out these smaller regional airports it seems at a rate of one or two a week for the last few months but I think many of them are a little overpriced considering the airport size and and their quality which is far from that of FlyTampa!! Although these addons are still very welcome, I think FSXcenery could perhaps make a lot more sales to the general FSX community with a more realistic pricing structure, as looking at the reviews on Simmarket, a lot of the sales seem to have been to people who bought a particular product because it is their home airport.

Bill