Sign in to follow this  
basementflyguy

Simmer Tutorial Series

On my blog and YouTube channel I've had a number of requests to make video tutorials. I wasn't quite sure what I'd focus on, so I asked for input and several people suggested that they'd like to learn how to bring more real-world aviation procedures to to life in their sims (VOR navigation, VFR flight planning etc.). I try to do this myself as I cross over between my simming and my real-world flight training, so it seemed like a natural thing to do.

So I've started a "Simmer Tutorials" playlist series that I hope will help simmers bring more real-world procedures to their flight simulation. I know bringing more real-world process to my own simming has been one of the things I've enjoyed most about this whole thing, and I hope these videos will do the same for other simmers who aren't actually training for their Private Pilot ticket.

The first video is up, and it's about how to fly a basic traffic pattern. I hope it's of interest to simmers looking to make more realistic VFR landings in their sims. Of course, NONE of this should be considered actual flight instruction, and my intention is that these videos are by a simmer, for simmers. With that said, thanks for watching, and I'll post other videos in the series in this same thread.

~ BFG

• Upvote 1

BasementFlyGuy

GA home cockpit running X-Plane 11 (and sometimes P3D)

Blog: www.ontheglideslope.net

YouTube: OnTheGlideslope Channel

Facebook: On The Glideslope

The next in our series of videos helping flight simmers bring real-world procedures to their flying. This time we do a short field takeoff. This is the procedure in a Piper Cherokee, but the Cessna procedure is quite close and you can find the rotation speed, Vx, and Vy for the aircraft you're simulating online. Thanks for watching.

BasementFlyGuy

GA home cockpit running X-Plane 11 (and sometimes P3D)

Blog: www.ontheglideslope.net

YouTube: OnTheGlideslope Channel

Facebook: On The Glideslope