Sign in to follow this  
jetsmell

Orbx and Google Earth

There's a download that enables us to see the regions that we purchased on the Google Map, but I've looked everywhere. Does anyone know where it can be found?

You looked everywhere but the ORBX forum here that has a sticky. See the quote below.

Maps and KMZ Files Updated 10-8-16

Added PAVD Valdez Pioneer to Payware and Combo maps.

KMZ Files https://www.dropbox.com/s/636rr3acpcxx1gn/KMZ%20Updated%2010-8-16.zip?dl=0

*To download KMZ - Close out pop-up window. Click Download button by file or in upper right hand corner. Direct download. Repeat those 2 steps and it will let you download the file.

*Whenever KMZ files are updated, previous versions and/or links are obsolete.

Links to maps:

ORBX Freeware Global Airports https://www.google.c...8zg&usp=sharing

ORBX Payware Airports https://www.google.c...nK0&usp=sharing

ORBX Freeware and Payware Combined https://www.google.c...B8o&usp=sharing

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

There's a download that enables us to see the regions that we purchased on the Google Map, but I've looked everywhere. Does anyone know where it can be found?

If you are looking for a KMZ for each region, go to the FTX website - click on a region and scroll down to find the download button for that region's KMZ file.  You have to download them individually it looks like. 

OrbX kmz files give the regions coverage and list their built-in enhanced airports and special features. AU has none of the latter and its coverage is obvious. There is not really a need.

You can find, at OzX I think, a kmz with the OzX strips and Orbx excellent freeware airports.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

OrbX kmz files give the regions coverage and list their built-in enhanced airports and special features. AU has none of the latter and its coverage is obvious. There is not really a need.

You can find, at OzX I think, a kmz with the OzX strips and Orbx excellent freeware airports.

On the contrary, there is this kmz for AU:  http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/41035-ftx-australia-region-coverage-area-kmz/

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Good digging you did but this kmz is not on the product page and seems mainly directed to those who had bought AU in geographic installments. OrbX doesn't sell AU like that anymore. Better have the OzX+default+OrbX payware unified kmz.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Good digging you did but this kmz is not on the product page and seems mainly directed to those who had bought AU in geographic installments. OrbX doesn't sell AU like that anymore. Better have the OzX+default+OrbX payware unified kmz.

Since it is the only one ORBX made for AU, that is all we can reference from them.

Can you post the KMZ file or a link to the one you keep mentioning?

I have been to the OZx site twice and cannot find a KMZ file.

Hi Wolfee

First, thanks a lot for the maps you do, your work is appreciated !

It is called OzX.3.4. kmz and is subdivided in several sub-kmz : Western AU, South AU, Victoria, Queensland, Northern Territory and Serges_OZx33_ORBX_ant.kmz. The latter is itself subdivided in a myriad of sub-kmz (airports, silos, oil rigs, AM radio stations, OrbX airports, H2O starts etc.) .  

That kmz has been with me for quite a while so I am not sure how it came to me : OzX 3.4 or the complete AU collection ? Did you try posting on their forum ?

EDIT a Google  search found Serges_OZx33_ORBX_ant.kmz here

aussiex.org/kmz/Australian_OZx3.3_ORBX_Ant.kmz

Download also the 3.4 package or better 3.5 (I don't have it yet but I suppose it has a kmz too)

Dominique