Sign in to follow this  
houndini

737NGX MCP control in P3Dv3 with FSUIPC

I have made bodgit MCP controller by sticking a couple of old joystick boards in a box with the old buttons repurposed as switches. I can assign these to MCP switches in FSUIPC. What I cannot do, and can't find out how to do, Is to assign one of my switches to incr/decr MCP Course, Speed, Heading, and Altitude. In earlier versions i successfully used mouse macros, but these do not work for these controls in my new setup.

If anyone can point me in the right direction (one example - say incr. Heading - would suffice) I would be extemely gratefulbut I have got about as far as I can on my own.

In anticipation

houndini

OK - thanks for your suggestion. I installed LINDA 2.8.4 Standard v1 and PMDG_737NGX_v4_7 into the modules folder. The additional actions do not appear in FSUIPC, at least where I was expecting them to.

Anyone been here before?

houndini

Well I use LINDA by itself to control the MCPII panel.  I am not sure how or even if it will also work for your home made device but thought it was worth a try.  You should post a quesiton in the LINDA forums and see if anyone can help.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Yes LINDA is definitely the way to go. You don't access it from FSUIPC but from it's own .exe in the modules folder. You can run it while in your sim and assign all buttons there. Works a treat! Then you can just use FSUIPC for axes - LINDA doesn't do anything with those.

Stuart Furley

I have made bodgit MCP controller by sticking a couple of old joystick boards in a box with the old buttons repurposed as switches. I can assign these to MCP switches in FSUIPC. What I cannot do, and can't find out how to do, Is to assign one of my switches to incr/decr MCP Course, Speed, Heading, and Altitude. In earlier versions i successfully used mouse macros, but these do not work for these controls in my new setup.

They should work, exactly the same -- though if you've also updated the 737NGX you'd need to re-make the mouse controls.

However, all of the NGX switches and dials are assignable to their own "custom controls", as listed in their 737 SDK documents. That would be much better. You can assign directly to <custom control> in FSUIPC.

For more help you can visit my FSUIPC support forum.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

If anyone can point me in the right direction (one example - say incr. Heading - would suffice)

No need for special scripts.  If FSUIPC recognizes a button then use it to translate it to a key command and in the NGX FMC PMDG Options menu set the desired key commands for heading increase and decrease. For example, I use Shift+H and Ctrl+Shift+H after ensuring they are not assigned in the platform (FSX or P3D) for anything like carb heat (which I would never use).

Dan Downs KCRP

As example, here is how I have programmed PMDG NGX 800/900 Engine Start via FSUIPC and a macro using my Logitech keyboard G1 key.

..............................................................................................................................................................

Left Engine Start Selector    GRD    69751,0    ctrl+shft+1
Left Engine Start Lever        ON       70320,0    ctrl+shft+1 on Release (15s pause before release)
                                                                          40s pause
Right Engine Start Selector   GRD    69753,0    ctrl+shft+2
Right Engine Start Lever       ON    70321,0    ctrl+shft+2 on Release (15s pause before release)
                                                                          40s pause
Left Engine Start Switch    CONT    69751,2    ctrl+shft+3
Left Engine Start Switch    CONT    69753,2    ctrl+shft+3 on Release (1s pause before release)

Engine Generator Switches    ON ®    69662,2    ctrl+shft+4
                                                ON (L)     69659,2    ctrl+shft+4 on Release (2s pause before release)

AC Voltemeter                        Gen (1)    69636,2    ctrl+shft+5

APU                                        OFF    69750,0    ctrl+shft+6
APU Bleed                              OFF    69843,0    ctrl+shft+6 on Release (1s pause before release)

Pack Left                                 ON    69832,1    ctrl+shft+7
Pack Right                               ON    69833,1    ctrl+shft+7 on Release (1s pause before release)

Pitot Heat Switches                ON (L)    69772,1    ctrl+shft+8
                                               ON ®    69773,1    ctrl+shft+8 on Release (1s pause before release)

Yaw Damper                            ON    69695,1    ctrl+shft+9

.........................................................................................................................................

Open FSUIPC go to Key Presses, create a profile (e.g, NGX800), then set key, for example "ctrl+shft+1" then choose value ... custom control ... enter PMDG event Nr "69751" set parameter "0" and so on ... at the end press "confirm". Now this key combination triggers left engine start up. I have combined all commands described above in a macro (inclusive pauses) an now I can start the engines by pressing only one key.

You can find a tutorial how to program and download all PMDG events here: http://www.myhomecockpit.de/index.php/en/?view=article&id=56

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

deleted (double post)

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Well - thank you everyone for their replies, I now have two ways of controlling autopilot knobs. Having installed Linda I will continue to use it as it is a little faster to programme than assigning keystrokes in PMDG FMC and then mapping keystrokes to buttons, but either would have fit the bill.

Peter - thanks for your interest - I feel honoured! but with the combination I have I was unable to create mouse macro events for - say - heading incr and decr

Thanks again for a successful resukt

houndini