Sign in to follow this  
Adrian West

Scenery for Le Touquet LFAT?

Hi. I am looking for a good scenery for Le Touquet LFAT in northern France so that I can do some cross Channel flights from Shoreham EGKA and Lydd EGMD. The only freeware scenery that I can find is Er-Jin Jang's lfat_ade.zip from 2009 which is a very small upgrade to the default scenery, giving correct runways and taxiways, but using default autogen buildings. There was an apparently excellent freeware scenery for FS9 by Christian Dupriez which was further upgraded by Alain Nicco and Thomas Philibert, but these are 10-11 years old and are not compatible with FSX (I have tried!). There is of course France VFR's commercial scenery for Nord Pas de Calais which includes a superb rendition of the airport, but at a cost of EUR 40 this is a bit much when I would want it for just one airport and don't need all the VFR bling (admittedly beautifully created) as I already have the full ORBX Global suite and don't intend flying low and slow. Unfortunately this isn't one of the airfields that France VFR currently offers as a standalone scenery.

Is anybody aware of an alternative for Le Touquet?

For any French speaking readers:

Je cherche une bonne scène pour Le Touquet LFAT en FSX. Il y a bien sûr la scène commerciale Nord Pas de Calais de France VFR, mais je ne veux pas payer EUR 40 pour un seul aéroport. Qu'est-ce que vous proposez? Vous pouvez répondre en français si vous préférez. Merci.

Many thanks.

Adrian

Not sure if this is of any use to enhance flying into Le Touquet?

The site also has other interesting French addons,although mainly geared towards FranceVFR.

http://volvfr.free.fr/telechargement_295

Stuart

P.S.

There is also a link here to something, but can't download at the moment, as I'm on a train!

http://www.pilote-virtuel.com/viewtopic.php?id=775

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Hi Stuart. Thanks for the quick response.

I have seen the site in your first link before. That website has a file for LFAT on X-Plane, and a photoreal scenery lfatphoto.zip which expands on the scenery by Dupriez, Nicco & Philibert that I mentioned before. The documentation that comes with that file states that it is for FS2004 only, and hasn't been tested on FS2002 or FSX. However.....your second link has a link for that same file, and the website suggests that it can be used with FSX. I will have a look and see what happens.

Adrian

OK, just tried it out, and I get the same error message as when I tried out the original Dupriez scenery:

"You are starting in a location in which your aircraft will collide with another object. Choose a different starting location."

So I googled this and found that it is a common problem in FSX, especially when using sceneries designed for FS2004. The suggested solution is to switch off crash detection. This goes against the grain with me as I haven't flown with this switched off for years. Nevertheless I have done so, and now the scenery loads. It looks rather good, i must say. I will have a play with the airport and see what I think.

Adrian

Hi Adrian, 

If you were willing to extend your flight a little further inland there is pretty good payware available for Rouen Airport at a fairly reasonable price from a developer called OFX Simulation, which might be worth considering.

Bill

... The suggested solution is to switch off crash detection. This goes against the grain with me as I haven't flown with this switched off for years. Nevertheless I have done so, and now the scenery loads....

Apologies if you already do so, but once the scenery loads can you then slew to a different position - say another gate or part of the apron and taxi from there? Or does the crash apply to the whole of the 2004 scenery?

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Thanks for the further comments and suggestions.

The link from Chris doesn't work, but having searched on Flightsim.com, the only FSX scenery for Le Touquet is the lfat_ade.zip which I mentioned above.

Yes Mark, the crash affects the whole FS2004 scenery. I tried initially on the runway and then on the ramp - same result.

Adrian

Cheers Adrian.  :hi:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

I spent my first year with crash detection on because I wanted ultra realism, but after taxing into so many invisible apron objects or being rammed by fuel trucks I thought again! I know when my landing constitutes a crash, much better than the rough and ready FSX decision making system!

YES Paul.. et al.

You yourself can perfectly judge when its a crash, or a scenery error.

Set it off, and enjoy.