Sign in to follow this  
SpiritFlyer

Beware of Nvidia 375 series drivers with P3D v 3.4 (effect flashing)

Hello,

I experiences wake and smoke effect flashing with both 375.63 and 375.70 running in SLI.

After reinstalling 373.06 the problem was solved.

Kind regards,

With SLI enabled in the latest drivers, the flashing appears. If you turn SLI off it goes away. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Hello,

I experiences wake and smoke effect flashing with both 275.63 and 275.70.

After reinstalling 373.06 the problem was solved.

Kind regards,

I guess you meant 375.63 and 275.70. ;)

I guess you meant 375.63 and 275.70. ;)

Hey Jeroen, I guess you meant 375.63 and 375.70 too :smile:

With SLI enabled in the latest drivers, the flashing appears. If you turn SLI off it goes away. 

Hi Josh,

I run SLI, so it looks like an SLI fix will be necessary for the newer drivers. Runs great, fast and trouble free maxed out with 373.06 though, so no problem.

Our New Brunswick flight Simulation club will be doing a demo at the flight college next week,  Nov 5th, with members from all over the province attending. We expect a significant number of international aviation students and the Air Cadets to participate.

Three FSNB members are bringing their equipment for FSX, X-Plane v. 10.5 and P3D v. 3.4.  I will have the setup for P3D, so its no time to have bugs in the system.

Covered are Majestic Dash 8 and PMDG 777 with Vatsim and local real life flight controllers. I will be featuring the GA end with the Real Air Turbine Duke and Lancair Legacy using ORBX Norway and Narvik at 100% detail. I intend to let attending students, Air cadets and other FS members try their hand stick and rudder flying with large screens and Track IR.

Of course, local Norwegian ambulances and fireboats are booked and standing by!

Kind regards,

PS: Almost forgot, Will be flying their professional simulator again. Aced it last time!

Kind regards,

Hey Jeroen, I guess you meant 375.63 and 375.70 too :smile:

LOL I have a fever, that must be it... ;)

Hotfix? Applies to occasional video flashing. I was coming to start a new thread about this, but seems just as good to post here.

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4250

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Hotfix? Applies to occasional video flashing. I was coming to start a new thread about this, but seems just as good to post here.

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4250

Unfortunately that is only for high refresh monitors that experience screen flashing. It doesnt help with the effects flashing issue with SLI

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Unfortunately that is only for high refresh monitors that experience screen flashing. It doesnt help with the effects flashing issue with SLI

Can't hurt to try it.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I can confirm that the problem continues.

The last released driver to have a steady display without flashing in SLI is 373.06.

Kind regards,

Can't hurt to try it.

I did, thats why I researched it and realized that it wouldnt fix the issue we are discussing. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Has anyone tried to run SLI with the new 375.86 driver. If so, is the spray-smoke effect still flashing

Kind regards, 

I did not notice any flashing with either of those drivers but I am running three way SLI. Nividia is really down playing SLI these days bringing out drivers that don't scale correctly or have other SLI problems. It is a mystery as to why they are shooting themselves in the foot buy doing this, You would think they would do all they could to promote and refine SLI as it sells twice and three times the cards for for them. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I did not notice any flashing with either of those drivers but I am running three way SLI. Nividia is really down playing SLI these days bringing out drivers that don't scale correctly or have other SLI problems. It is a mystery as to why they are shooting themselves in the foot buy doing this, You would think they would do all they could to promote and refine SLI as it sells twice and three times the cards for for them.

Maybe because it only happens in this very reduced user base app? Or does it happen on the latest games, etc, too?

So apparently there is no flashing in 3 way SLI, but there remains flashing in 2 way. Strange that! On your other point you are right that it seems most counterproductive for Nvidia to not try and encourage and promote ever efficient multi-card infrastructure. Selling more cards for a higher profit is good, yes? :drinks:

Maybe because it only happens in this very reduced user base app? Or does it happen on the latest games, etc, too?

I don't know as I only do P3D and follow the wider FS community at AVSIM with outside much broader exposure, except hardware forums. Do you suppose no one reported the issue to them as perhaps our base of SLI users for FS is rather small, and no one took it official? Has LM mentioned or responded to anything on their forums? I have not been following them too closely but the problem of effects flashing in SLI does not seem to be discussed in any thread I can find there.

Kind regards,