Sign in to follow this  
Manny

REX Major announcement

Dear REX Customer -

You are personally invited to join us for a Major "Unveiling" of a new product this Saturday, October 29th at 19Z  (11am PDT).

You may watch the unveiling of our new product at:  https://www.twitch.tv/adxlive

This new product will revolutionize your experience within Microsoft's Flight Simulator X, FSX:Steam and Lockheed Martin's Prepar3D.

We look forward to seeing you there.

Sincerely,

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Yes I got the same message.

Wonder what its all about?

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I only ask that it not have some sort of hyperbolic name...

Introducing - "UltraMax Superfusion Weather Supreme" weather generation engine and its companion product "HyperQuantum Gigatexture Cloudscape Gallery".

(* This post contributes very little, I understand that. I'm just grumpy today.

• Upvote 14

Introducing - "UltraMax Superfusion Weather Supreme" weather generation engine and its companion product "HyperQuantum Gigatexture Cloudscape Gallery".

(* This post contributes very little, I understand that. I'm just grumpy today.)

Lol but I love when they do that

Introducing yet another new and innovative way to separate you from your hard earned cash. 

• Upvote 9

I heard that its not a weather engine.(in one of the Q&A Session)..so we may still need AS16 or AS Next. ITs somewhere in between a weather engine and textures... a weather injector of sorts. I had requested Tim to simply their product offering. Not sure if they have done that.

I had not upgraded from ASNext to AS16 yet  hoping to check out REX.  If after all this wait...if its not a weather engine, it would be disappointing.  Cause it would not be a total solution.  So do we go HIFI or not? 

They need a single solution not multiple stuff that confuses us.. A weather and texture is an ancillary product to simming... we cannot afford so much mind share on their products. We should be able to install it and forget it. Not expect us to do a Post Graduate studies on the matter.

They need to  KISS.,And not add barrier to entry into their products.

I still do not know what these are

A) Extreme weather bundle

b.)  Custom Extreme weather Bundle

C) Weather Architech

D) OverDrive vs E) Texture Direct vs F) REX Essential Plus (This is what I own..for textures). Why would you introduce Text Direct when you have REX Essential plus already. Should  that not be a button as an added feature? And if  Overdrive is extra  textures package..call it Extra Texture Package for  REX Essential Plus (after renaming "Essential Plus"  to REX Texture package?)"? maybe?

Edited to Add: I just figured out Extreme weather bundle and Custom extreme bundle... They ought to not mix Product with sale bundles

They need to have a  list of all products (for each sim P3D, FSX, FS9, X-Plane) separated and then  have a sale bundles page totally different from their product listing.. I've been thinking weather bundle and extreme weather bundles as additional products and not even bothering to go click on it... That's how disinterested I became.

• Upvote 2

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Agreed, though I like more the textures of ASCA than those of Rex 4... still use it for other textures though :)

First off REX does not charge much for Their products and what they do charge is worth every penny IMO - my guess is HD Airports if you look at Their development phase listing it would be this product that is next in line

Rich Sennett

Been waiting for Skyforce ... excellent. ..

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

I'm inclined to agree, the lineup is a bit much to wade through on their website just to make sense of it all.  I currently own REX4 with Soft Clouds and am using ASN to drive it all.  Seems to work well enough for me- any new product that would attempt to replace this tried and true combo should make a very straight forward pitch as to why the new stuff (what ever that may be) is an improvement.

Mark Trainer

I'm pretty sure it is HD WorldWide Airports, you can see that by looking at blurred screenshot at AirDailyX.  :wink:

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

My guess is this has nothing to do with the new Skyforce3D WX textures (although I would love to see it soon!!) and it will be about their new Airport textures which also looks pretty cool.....

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

I hope it would be a better weather engine for P3D, AS16 just kills my Sim (FPS).

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

(* This post contributes very little, I understand that. I'm just grumpy today.

Quite the contrary. Your post is right to the point. There are so many events announced as "revolutions" nowadays that if only 1 out of 10 were real, we would probably live in a Golden Age.

The real problem is that words are free.