Sign in to follow this  
Manny

REX Major announcement

I have not heard of that. I guess I missed that are you telling me it's good quality?

Kevin Humphryes

I'm eagerly awaiting release of this product. I have a similar product which IMHO it fell a little short of providing a payware feel for default airports - certainly was a good product, and increased the quality of default airports, but as I said it just fell a little short.  Here we have a team that has produced the highest quality flight sim textures (and likely some of the toughest to do) with a great many years of experience doing so, and they turned there attention to an area that we all desperately needed them to. 

I use the term "game changer" very sparingly, and I think Airports HD will be a Game Changer even for people like me who have 60+ payware airports. It's particularly important for people who want to fly in/out of an airport they don't visit very often thus paying about $30 (USD) isn't really justifiable.  In fact this would be particularly important for those who us who participate in VATSIM/IVAO events!

With these incredible textures, I bet we'll see even more people building AFCADs to approximate the layout of default airports!

Thank you Reed, Tim, and the entire REX Team!

Which is the one you have?

Which is the one you have?

Hello Carlos,

It's "Zinertek HD Terminal Graphics".

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Hi, could someone from REX explain better or develop a little bit more the statement on REX worldwide airports website: "REX Worldwide Airports HD is FULLY compatible with ALL 3rd-party addons".

Thanks, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Perfect for Airhauler 2 where I'm constantly doing cargo flights to many different default airports.

Hi Jim,

The whole point is so they no longer appear as default. The screenshots contained on http://www.rexworldwideairports.com are all "default" airports.

Tm,

Yes, I understand that. What I meant was since I only use payware airports it won't be something I'd use or need. If I was one of those users who used a lot of default airports or ones with modified AFCAD then I'd use it.

After all these years of FSX I've personally amassed a large enough cache of payware airports that I won't even plan a flight somewhere unless it's to one of my addon airports.

Hi, could someone from REX explain better or develop a little bit more the statement on REX worldwide airports website: "REX Worldwide Airports HD is FULLY compatible with ALL 3rd-party addons".

Thanks, Ed

It just means that since it just overwrites the textures default airports use for building, terminals, hangars and vehicles that it won't affect your payware airports since those generally use their own custom models and textures.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Perfect for Airhauler 2 where I'm constantly doing cargo flights to many different default airports.

+1

Excellent point.

howevr

I am really excited for this product. I am a user who does not own one payware airport because to me, that is very limited in scope relative to how I fly. It is also not a priority for me to spend hundreds of dollars to have a nice portfolio of payware airports, so REX HD Airports will be a perfect fit for me and many others. I am looking forward to seeing the significant increase in visual fidelity to all airports likely for the price of a single payware airport. 

• Upvote 2

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Yes, I think that some people forget that there are a large number of flight simmers who are quite happy to fly in and out of default airports, and this product will make a massive difference to them.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I'm going to pick this up even though I always fly between payware because... DIVERSIONS? Will be good if you need to divert for medical emergency and so on...

I only fly in FTX regions. In fact, since the release of FTX Norway I fly only there. Now Orbx has updated all the airports within that region: some look pretty nice, some look still quite basic, but it seems to me they do use airport specific textures for the buildings in some places. So my question is: will this new addon replace the FTX region's airport textures too? Or are those region airports technically (!) considered as 'payware airports'?

Jeroen,

don't nail me down on this but I think OrbX are using their own textures from their OrbX libraries. I was curious and just had a look at their "...\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Texture" folder. There are hangars and other airport building's textures inside.
So yes, I guess these OrbX modified airports would count as 'payware airports'

Cheers

Frank

Something that improves all default airports, while remaining compatible with other developer's payware ones, is very welcome indeed. Looking at the screenshots, HD Airport Textures appears to be a real leap forward.

Well done, Rex - this is a certain purchase for me. :smile:

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

I only fly in FTX regions. In fact, since the release of FTX Norway I fly only there. Now Orbx has updated all the airports within that region: some look pretty nice, some look still quite basic, but it seems to me they do use airport specific textures for the buildings in some places. So my question is: will this new addon replace the FTX region's airport textures too? Or are those region airports technically (!) considered as 'payware airports'?

Jeroen,

don't nail me down on this but I think OrbX are using their own textures from their OrbX libraries. I was curious and just had a look at their "...\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Texture" folder. There are hangars and other airport building's textures inside.

So yes, I guess these OrbX modified airports would count as 'payware airports'

Cheers

Frank

Good question Jeroen, I was wondering about that myself. Frank's answer seems about right and I guess the same applies to the freeware airport upgrades Orbx released for FTX Global. Still, I'm curious about the reply of the developers.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Well, on the Orbx forum JV said that this new addon will not affect Orbx payware airports but, quote: "It may affect some Orbx freeware airports where the developers have used generic terminals", end of quote. So I suppose this also could be true, or even more so, for the updated region airports. Which could mean that some textures will be improved but some not. Since I like to have everything on the same quality level this means I will skip this addon because I only fly in regions and I want everything in HD or nothing at all. I'd hate to see some parts of an airport in HD and others in default. I just asked about the use of default textures in regions: I will keep you posted. ;)