Sign in to follow this  
Guest Henri W

CaptainSim C130 v1.1

Guest aarskringspier

Well I bought it and must say its pretty sweet. On my way from PANC to CYVR very cool plane. Wish the reresh of the guages was smoother in the VC

Guest Knikolaes

Hoping I dont have a major problem here :-(Wa sitting there right after loading her up and was adjusting the heading when FS crashed and I got a nasty message telling me that my "video card quit responsing properly" and to reset the computer to restore display.I just downloaded a new nvidia driver that was released actually just yesterday -- going to try again after this install of drivers and a windows update. Apparently a new version of the .NET framework came out too -- maybe that will help.Wish me luck . . .

Guest Knikolaes

Seems the updates either worked or that crash was just a fluke LOL -- and now that my computer stayed stable all i can say is WOW!!!I love the EICAS, I love the sound improvements and I LOVE having reversers back. It felt good to nail an 8R landing again!!!!Sounds and reversers were the only issues I was having and now they are FIXED!!! With BONUSES!!!Thanks, Captain Sim!By the way -- anyone know if they have any plans to do the glass cockpit version of the C-130 at a later date? I'd happily pay for such an expansion.

I still can't get the configurator to save my settings, fuel and payload don't save?

Guest aarskringspier

Saved with mine just fine.

Guest Knikolaes

>I still can't get the configurator to save my settings, fuel>and payload don't save?They only save if you use ACE to launch FS. I keep trying to save the red dome light and it doesn't want to save. Yet for some reason my loadout and EICAS did save just fine. Still happy with the dynamics though.Tomorrow I will just look up the line in my CFG and change the dom light illumination meself :-)BTW -- happy "dead bird on a plate with lot's of other food" day, everyone.

you mean, happy killed a lot of natives and stole their land day? :) I am not a fan of this holiday but it is nice to get a long weekend from work.So the ACE doesn't save if you don't hit launch FS? ugh. And is the red dome light realistic?

>you mean, happy killed a lot of natives and stole their land>day? :) I am not a fan of this holiday but it is nice to get a>long weekend from work.The first Thanksgiving was celebrated along with the local indigenous population.OTOH, I'm all for a "Geronimo Day" holiday, where we can properly celebrate the killing and taking part...and get a free day off in the process!But in the true Spirit of Democratic Self-Loathing, we should have a "Welfare Day" so that we can celebrate the unique culture and spectacular non-contributions of generations of the lazy...and of course take another day off. Seems appropriate.Happy Caloric Overload DayBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Seems like the ACE launches the "Previous Flight" when uou "Fly Now" from Save. So, what I do is this.1. Start fs the normal way2. Load Cessna with everything off at the place/time I wanna fly the Herk3. Quit fs with Ctrl + c4. Start Herc flight from ACEI like to continue from where I left fs anyway, so normally I load the Cessna before I quit just to get a nice ac reset before I load some complicated aircraft. That way starting from ACE is no problem :).Eagle

Guest Knikolaes

>you mean, happy killed a lot of natives and stole their land>day? :) I am not a fan of this holiday but it is nice to get a>long weekend from work.>>So the ACE doesn't save if you don't hit launch FS? ugh. And>is the red dome light realistic?Wrong holiday -- you are thinking of Columbus Day . . . **hides from the impending flames** Either way I am off to eat some turkey legs Renaissance style :-)

>>you mean, happy killed a lot of natives and stole their>land>>day? :) I am not a fan of this holiday but it is nice to get>a>>long weekend from work.>>Around my neck of the woods, the tribes celebrate Thanksgiving like everyone else. They don't seem to have a problem with the holiday. Columbus Day does make some unhappy, for many reasons, like the idea that he "first discovered" America, and for the fact that he saw the people of the Caribbean as great candidates for slavery. This began the historical period of the conquistadors, not a pretty picture. Such is the history of humankind, an evil race we are, given to all kinds of depravity.In honor of Thanksgiving, I think I will purchase the C130. After I give thanks, of course. K

Guest IanP

Just to come vaguely back onto topic, I happily installed 1.1 (after uninstalling 1.0) last night, changed some settings on the 1980s RAF C130K in ACE - specifically including the flag which used to require being launched directly from ACE in order to change. Save changes, exit, then launched FS using my own "FS9-4Eng" link and all the modifications were in place. I did not have to launch FS from ACE for the changes to be saved.Cheers,Ian P.(Edit: opening underline and closing italic does not work properly... D'OH!)

it would be appropriate if thats what welfare was used for, thankfully it is not. Columbus day, on the other hand, fits that description nicely, but I see someone already pointed that out

All, I downloaded the update and uninstalled the original prior to reinstalling the new. When I went to install I was greeted with themessage that I had installed on more the 2 machines and was not allowedto install.I sent Captain Sim an e-mail explaining my situation at approx 6 PM onThanksgiving Day.I got up this am and checked my e-mail and had received one from themtelling me I was now able to install and it worked fine.Just wanted to post this because of all the bad press Captain Sim hasreceived in the past.So thanks for a timeley update as well as solving my problem Captain Sim.A satisfied customer.Craig

Guest Knikolaes

>Just to come vaguely back onto topic, I happily installed 1.1>(after uninstalling 1.0) last night, changed some settings on>the 1980s RAF C130K in ACE - specifically including the flag>which used to require being launched directly from ACE in>order to change. Save changes, exit, then launched FS using my>own "FS9-4Eng" link and all the modifications were in place. I>did not have to launch FS from ACE for the changes to>be saved.>>Cheers,>>Ian P.>(Edit: opening underline and closing italic does not work>properly... D'OH!)>Okee, I guess have to ask . . . . It is true . . .ACE did indeed save all settings . . .BUT . . . . I just looked in my panel.cfg folder and the RGB valus saved do indeed correspond to the "red" setting, but when i load my AC the VC is white lighting. **shrugs** wierd.Everything else saves okay though. At first I thought loads weren't saving because I couldnt see anything in the cargo, but then realized they only did the hummers for the OUTside animation . . . not inside modeling. Checking my weights confirmed that two hummers were indeed loaded :-)So I guess with the exception of cockpit lighiting everything works great withOUT using ACE to load :-)