Sign in to follow this  
briansommers

looking for a 737 jet for p3d that's not PMDG

I can't afford pmdg right now and I don't think it would run well on my specs and I want to have a life.

I have the QW757 and I do like that a lot, but I would like a nice 737-700 or 800 I think I could a lot done with one of those.

Any recommendations?  I want something with a nice VC and hopefully a FMC of some sort. I don't want something where you have a default pop up gps.

Thanks.

Ciao!

ifly 737 its not as good as the pmdg but it fits what you want to do

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

If you're willing to go with earlier 737's there's the captainsim 737-200/-100 or the milviz 737-200. Milviz has an option to use an fmc.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

The iFly 737 is pretty good - and sold by Flight1 who do a 30 day money-back guarantee - so no risk.

After purchase - log into their forum, register, then carefully read the recommended install instructions, it's got some robust anti-piracy protocols within it that have caused some folk problems.

Eugene

The iFly 737 is pretty good - and sold by Flight1 who do a 30 day money-back guarantee - so no risk.

After purchase - log into their forum, register, then carefully read the recommended install instructions, it's got some robust anti-piracy protocols within it that have caused some folk problems.

Eugene

what a shocker, anti piracy measures that hurt the regular user more than the pirates. 

what a shocker, anti piracy measures that hurt the regular user more than the pirates. 

To be fair to iFly, it's the usual precautions often stated by other companies - avoid protected folders (x86), disable anti-virus for install, exclude iFly folders from the virus checker, run as Administrator, the sort of thing often ignored in the haste to install a new purchase.

I installed it without any problem as I take those precautions with most complex add-ons, but the forum regulary has new purchasers who have missing instruments, undercarriage etc, almost always caused by a licencing issue. 

Eugene

The Milviz 737 is a wonderful aircraft to fly. Complex enough to qualify as needing good preflight planning and checks. But a wonderful hand flyer. I haven't explored the FMC much because it's so much fun to fly "old school" VOR.

And without anti-pracy measures, the regular user would have no product at all, as companies like ifly would not bother to make them.

So what would be your approach ?

I installed ifly products the same way I would any other payware licenced product. No hassle, no issues.

Peter Schluter

well thats wrong. or at least highly debated, many of the best games don't have any DRM, and sell well because they are good. not everyone is a pirate.

To be honest, all this DRM doesnt stop the pirates, they just crack it and move on, the regular user is left having to jump through hoops to get the software they pay for to work. pirates copy an exe file over or whatever.

in my opinion, the best anti piracy is similar to what orbx is doing, having an integrated application which auto updates and keeps all your stuff together in a nice package.

well thats wrong. or at least highly debated, many of the best games don't have any DRM, and sell well because they are good. not everyone is a pirate.

To be honest, all this DRM doesnt stop the pirates, they just crack it and move on, the regular user is left having to jump through hoops to get the software they pay for to work. pirates copy an exe file over or whatever.

in my opinion, the best anti piracy is similar to what orbx is doing, having an integrated application which auto updates and keeps all your stuff together in a nice package.

I don't like Flight1's wrapper system at all. It's confusing at best.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

yeah its rubbish

In what way ?

IMHO it's the best system out there, unlimited D/L's, unlimited installs, easy reactivation of your purchases, easy access to all your purchase details and registration details and a 30 day money back guarantee.

I'm really struggling to see why you would think it  "rubbish"

because for me, its a pain, it adds things to the registry and just generally increases the time taken to actually install it. 

Far prefer, for example, the pmdg system

yeah its rubbish

It's simple. I don't understand the issues people have. You save the key and you enter a password to reinstall. If your order is deactivated you simply visit their site, enter your email, and it auto reactivates your order

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

just google flight1 wrapper problem, you may not have issues, some do. pirates dont. why should that be the case??