Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

Calling Rob and other VAS hunters

Hi Rob,

We are a few that suspect FTX Global MESH to have a VAS memory sort of item.

We are also a few at the thread of P3D3.4.9 experience thread that can reproduce a VAS memory hog in

at least London

Would you mind to do the same test with us ?

The test is EGLL at 27L BGK7G and monitor VAS all the way from departure to at least TOTRI

Note: Take VERY close note between BGK an TOTRI (about 7.1nm from TOTRI)

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Michael, FTX Global is one of two products, a landclass or a vector product... there is no mesh.  Do you mean BPK7G?  I don't see a BGK7G in my LIDO charts, nor does BPK7G have a TOTRI waypoint, it's just a NE turn to CHT thence BPK.

Dan Downs KCRP

The OP may mean Global 2010 which is a mesh but not an OrbX FTX product.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

It's not fsglobal it's p3d. It's always been that way in London since fs2004. Why do people think P3d is some magic pill when it's a tweaked version of fsx.

Don't get me wrong it handles vas better in some ways but London always has and always will be a sink hole for vas no matter what different dress you buy the same London hooker

14ppkc-6.png

It's not fsglobal it's p3d. It's always been that way in London since fs2004. Why do people think P3d is some magic pill when it's a tweaked version of fsx.

Don't get me wrong it handles vas better in some ways but London always has and always will be a sink hole for vas no matter what different dress you buy the same London hooker

This thread links to experiences shared on the p3d experience thread and how pilots mesh is having an unexpected effect on vas usage around London .A post today suggests this may be more wide spread. I have used this product for years and is excellent .hopefully someone can shed light on what is happening or help someone who is having oom issues . Can give flight details to anyone who wishes to recreate my tests.

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

Sorry for the mis typing. Yes it is FTX Global Pilot MESH 2010 edition i was talking about and BPK7G

There seeems to be some sort of VAS issue 7.1nm before TOTRI. Please test this as it could be a major found. Maybe there is spots all around the globe like this one.

I have a 300mb save on VAS departing out of London.

Thanks Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

If anyone has free mesh installed could they try this flight egll bnn bpk lam egmc. Somewhere approaching Lam Vor you will get a vas spike between 150mb default scenary and 300mb with FTX England . Remember ftx eng has its own mesh which is above Pilots mesh.Hopefully we do not get the same effect with free mesh. I am downloading but will take 10 hours on a fast connection.

Colin hodds

I dont get the VAS isue with FTX England or OPENLCEU.

Only with Pilots Ftx 2010 Edition

Thanks Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

I dont get the VAS isue with FTX England or OPENLCEU.

Only with Pilots Ftx 2010 Edition

Thanks Michael Moe

Sorry for confusion I am only getting it with Pilots as well my point is if I have  FTX England and Pilots mesh activated in the scenary library surely FTX England mesh should have priority. Either way only way I have found so far is to deactivate all Pilots mesh entries in the scenary library.

Colin hodds

To get a rough idea of the relative contribution of the VAS usage of various components, use FSUIPC to display free VAS in the P3d title bar. Then start a scenario and watch the change in VAS as various components (mesh, autogen, AI Traffic, etc. are sequentially loaded). Although disabling the detailed Pilots! mesh will save VAS, that can be said of many 3rd party add ons and sim settings.

The point is, that we have reached the limit of the 32 bit flight sim and this limit is caused by users piling on complex addons. P3d has two distinct performance bottlenecks. One is the 4 GB VAS limit and the other is the minuscule single thread performance gains by recent generations of Intel CPUs. 

To get a rough idea of the relative contribution of the VAS usage of various components, use FSUIPC to display free VAS in the P3d title bar. Then start a scenario and watch the change in VAS as various components (mesh, autogen, AI Traffic, etc. are sequentially loaded). Although disabling the detailed Pilots! mesh will save VAS, that can be said of many 3rd party add ons and sim settings.

The point is, that we have reached the limit of the 32 bit flight sim and this limit is caused by users piling on complex addons. P3d has two distinct performance bottlenecks. One is the 4 GB VAS limit and the other is the minuscule single thread performance gains by recent generations of Intel CPUs.

Please have a read on p3d experience last few pages .This is a particular situation in a particular area.concerning sudden spikes in vas . Please don't generalise it with the amount of add ons. The issue occurred with just pilots mesh loaded nothing else .

Colin hodds

I'll take a look and report back VAS numbers.

Cheers, Rob.

Please have a read on p3d experience last few pages .This is a particular situation in a particular area.concerning sudden spikes in vas . Please don't generalise it with the amount of add ons. The issue occurred with just pilots mesh loaded nothing else .

Maybe for you. I never see this. Besides, if it's some interaction between the sim and a particular addon, it's not very likely that LM will fix it. Keep up the good work. If P3d stays at 32 bit, these problems will just continue to fester. Despite what you state, it IS a general problem. I haven't been able to do a long flight with the Triple 7 for several versions of P3d V3. 

Either way only way I have found so far is to deactivate all Pilots mesh entries in the scenary library.

These are my test results based on your criteria/situation:

634b06bb61e819985190415b338a0546.jpg

I recorded 4 videos of each test, but the file size is 10GB per test so don't really have time to upload them ... if someone is VERY interested in a particular test, I'll upload just that test.  Video shows what scenery library entries are enabled/disabled and graphics settings.

The results are about what I expected.  The mesh, be it from PILOT's or an Orbx Region appears to use about 300MB or so.  In test 4 the VAS did increase by 300MB as I approached TOTRI ... visually I couldn't see why, but based on the proximity of TOTRI to Region A (europe germanic) per this diagram from SDK:

4e80ff93db5fea8ad9c891abaaf9cf52.jpg

...which would explain the 300MB increase in VAS.

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks for testing.

I now consider removing mesh on heavy routes with flat areas.

Thanks Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png