Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

Calling Rob and other VAS hunters

Don't forget about the interaction with the airport elevation corrections that are a part of the FTX Vector configurator. You might as well also unload all ORBX full fat regions and set your mesh resolution to something a lot higher than 5 m. ORBX scenery is designed specifically to work with Pilots! mesh.

Thanks Rob so far I have not had the same issue with FreeMesh x though though the 300mb spike may have just moved slightly and I am yet to find it

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

Don't forget about the interaction with the airport elevation corrections that are a part of the FTX Vector configurator. You might as well also unload all ORBX full fat regions and set your mesh resolution to something a lot higher than 5 m. ORBX scenery is designed specifically to work with Pilots! mesh.

Nobody is doubting this but i dont think you have the picture here  :wink:

It has nothing to do with Vector,Regions,LC etc but FTX Pilot Mesh when we talk about  "wordwide regions" It seem to cost about 300MB and you will find that 7.1 nm before TOTRI your VAS will increase at about 300MB at least going east .

Now knowing this i might just disable FTX Pilots Mesh when i want to land with en extra margain from EGLL.

That is actually also what Rob tested so "we" (that would be me) are quite happy  :wink:  It just a coinsidence that this Mesh for Germany-east europe is loaded at that specifically place near London

i do not know what a trip will do from for instance EKCH-EGLL but those 300 MB are welcome and might even ad to enabling Vector  :smile:

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

You suggested disabling FTX Global mesh and I was just pointing out that you will see anomalies with the other ORBX suite of products if you do that in a piecemeal fashion. It easy to use the Vector configurator and just disable the airport elevation corrections where the default mesh produces an elevation that conflicts with an airport elevation.

I now consider removing mesh on heavy routes with flat areas.

You'd need to disable the Mesh and Orbx Region ... can actually be done during flight to recover VAS if one is close to 4GB.  Most airports should have exceptions under FTX Central (Vector tool) ... but not always the case, so results will vary on approach to airport.

Cheers, Rob.

You could always disable mesh, FTX Global and regions, and all airports you're not landing at. In fact, you'll save lots of VAS if you simply don't install any add-ons.

Interesting observation regarding the edge of global regions. Makes sense.

Dan Downs KCRP

You'd need to disable the Mesh and Orbx Region ... can actually be done during flight to recover VAS if one is close to 4GB.  Most airports should have exceptions under FTX Central (Vector tool) ... but not always the case, so results will vary on approach to airport.

Cheers, Rob.

Yeah , 

I use the configurator Editor,

So using Tubes like the 777 PMDG i just disable every ORBX regions so only FTX Global is in Command (maybe OPENLCEU)

I dont find any anomalies here so far  (disabling FTX Pilot Mesh but i could be wrong ?)

At least i now have 300MB to spare

So far i am really happy

Michael Moe

You could always disable mesh, FTX Global and regions, and all airports you're not landing at. In fact, you'll save lots of VAS if you simply don't install any add-ons.

Interesting observation regarding the edge of global regions. Makes sense.

exactly my point  :wink:

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

An update:

I manage to get to EGLL from EKCH with about 300MB to spare but i really think 3.4.9 should be performing better.

This amount of VAS i seem to recall at least with 3.3.5 and FTX Global MESH installed

On the other hand my memory was also using another version of Active Sky with REX instead of ASCA so could just be a "new situation "

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

ASCA so could just be a "new situation "

VAS testing I've done with AS16 and ASCA and REX for sky textures has shown very minor VAS usage (75-50MB) and that was with extreme distances (110mi) and 5 active cloud layers using Full Dynamics in ASCA at 2048 cap in some very nasty weather.

You don't need to disable ALL add-ons, just Orbx regions and/or PILOT's Mesh ... I do that whenever I fly heavy VAS usage aircraft like PMDG.  FTX Global and OpenLC and Vector (configured carefully) and 3rd party airports and PMDG aircraft with AS16/ASCA/REX seems to work very well with VAS usage ... no problem completing long 10+ hour flights.  It is important to set your CPU affinity correctly also as that can save on VAS.

I did ask Orbx dev crew to provide an option in FTX Central to make it easy to switch into "Pure FTX Global" mode (FTX Global only, OpenLC, Vector) and back to "Region" mode.  Orbx indicated they plan to implement in their next major FTX Central version, but not sure if they were just teasing me or it will be a real option.

Cheers, Rob.