Sign in to follow this  
Howellerman

Your P3D/FSX Aircraft You Would Own in Real Life?

Wow you must be a rare specimen here... i would have thought everyone interested in flight simming would definitely like that chance if they don't already IRL...

i play call of duty, doesn't mean i want to get nuked and shot at :)

The Piper Aztec or Piper Cherokee for me, although I' coming round to the idea of a modern single turboprop for safety reasons. But it has to be steam gauges!

No question for me - the B-60 Duke!

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

King air 90 as I have lots of time in one. Fine single pilot aircraft especially with a garmin 1000 cockpit..

Another that is pretty interesting is the turbine Duke with the dash 34 engines. Great performance and super single engine ability.

Dave

Ted, I am surprised! I would think that with the amount of work you put into the C-47 radial sound pack alone that you would be familiar with real-world aircraft and enjoy being in and around them!

I'm more interested in the creative/art side of simulation not much flying. Was interested in real world flight in the 70's since no computers back then.

I've been working on Monty's C-47 (wip) and adding a lot more detail within limits of the model. So far just the wings, just to judge if it's worth working on the rest of the model. Just as with sound, I want an accurate representation of what I like to see in an aircraft.

X1.jpg

X2.jpg

i play call of duty, doesn't mean i want to get nuked and shot at :)

That is a game, this is a simulation with no objective other than flying itself... totally failed analogy...

I'm more interested in the creative/art side of simulation not much flying. Was interested in real world flight in the 70's since no computers back then.

I've been working on Monty's C-47 (wip) and adding a lot more detail within limits of the model. So far just the wings, just to judge if it's worth working on the rest of the model. Just as with sound, I want an accurate representation of what I like to see in an aircraft.

X1.jpg

X2.jpg

These are really excellent previews, Ted - you are going to give the Big Boys (A2A, MilViz, Real Air, and yes, Carenado) a run for the money!

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

That is a game, this is a simulation with no objective other than flying itself... totally failed analogy...

this is a game also. which you can also play in any way you want.

your totally failed post.. totally failed.

this is a game also. which you can also play in any way you want.

your totally failed post.. totally failed.

Sure little buddy.. whatever makes you feel you're right...

Cessna 182. If I can afford my own aircraft, then it means I can afford to end up in one of those places where nothing bigger than a small plane can get to in any case.

I'd be content with a Learjet.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I would be happy with:

1. Pilatus PC-12-Can get in and out of most fields and carry a ton of cargo.

2. TBM 850-Can't quite carry as much stuff, but much faster cruise speed than the PC-12 so you get there faster.

3. Lancair Legacy-Such a remarkable plane.  A 240 knot cruiser that can fly for 5-6 hours on a full tank, can do aerobatics, and has speedbrakes in case you mess up your descent planning.