Sign in to follow this  
Howellerman

Your P3D/FSX Aircraft You Would Own in Real Life?

I have 57 different aircraft in my hanger. Probably double that number that have been put out to pasture, including a lot of payware aircraft that just do not "turn my crank".

However, there is always one I come back to and say to myself "yes, this one I would/could own in real life". It is the Carenado Baron, with Henry's (HawkDSL) turbo modifications and Ron Attwood's N8UR paint job.

It: 

• Easily cruises at 180 kts at pretty much any altitude
  • Has room for myself, the Missus, my two 100 lb Black Labs, and my two children that are semi-local 
  • Has enough leftover weight capacity for 60-percent fuel and baggage
  • Has great outside visibility for a twin - scenic trips are enjoyable
  • Is a Beechcraft - I just like the Beechcraft instrument layout

In short, while it is not the highest fidelity simulation available, it is presents a pretty nice flight model, great looks, and enough performance to make it useful out in the US West and the long distances between things that I normally frequent.

I have a dismal record of posting pics on Avsim, so will not even attempt it - look up Ron Attwood Baron to see what she looks like.

What is your personal "I could own this aircraft" model?

JKH

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

Good post!

For me it's the Carenado Cessna 185. Hands down.

Although it's not actually my favoruite to fly in P3D, in reality I would definitely own it. Being from New Zealand I love getting into the mountains and landing on short strips, riverbeds, beaches etc.

It: 

• Has the capability to cruise at decent speed, as well as bloody slow!
  • Has an excellent payload especially with an added cargo pod underneath for my fishing roads, rifles, outdoor gear etc.
  • Has unrivalled short-field capability and with some large tundra tires can be landed almost anywhere.
  • It sounds amazing. 

:wub:

Definitely the PMDG 777-200LR. Room for hundreds of Missuses and all of their friends. Can almost connect any two points on the planet and, if loaded lightly, could get in and out of any airport with a runway equivalent to the aircraft's wingspan.

I own a Mooney M20M Bravo

• Upvote 2

David Porrett

Would not care to own a real aircraft, nor do I want to be a real pilot. :smile:

• Upvote 1

....if loaded lightly, could get in and out of any airport with a runway equivalent to the aircraft's wingspan....

The T7 cannot take off in a distance of 61 metres.... even if loaded lightly with helium....  :P   :wink:   I knew what you meant, but the statement can be read either way.

If we're talking total fantasy then the T7 is on my list.

However, setting my sights a little lower cost wise: To fly myself and my family around bizjet style it would have to be the Piaggio P180 Avanti - I have the fine freeware model by Mario Noriega. A beautiful rendition of a beautiful aeroplane.

The Avanti has good range and is a twin turbo which is almost as fast as a bizjet and certainly can cruise at their altitudes. 6 people in comfort and style.

EDIT images.

1210974.jpg

2016-8-13_23-5-54-372_zpsckxxouof.png

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Would not care to own a real aircraft, nor do I want to be a real pilot. :smile:

Wow you must be a rare specimen here... i would have thought everyone interested in flight simming would definitely like that chance if they don't already IRL...

Lots of real world hours associated with a Cessna 337 would probably make it my first choice. A work horse, roomy and excellent all weather capability. Somewhat high maintenance but overall easy to live and work with.

A second, no cost or export restrictions option, would be the Texan II Charley. More sim hours in this one than any other plane in my virtual hangar.

De Havilland Beaver

geo6.jpg?

Lancair Legacy - so sexy - fastest piston single in the world (non production)

I wouldn't mind equipping mine like the RA legacy with dual GTN's

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Cessna Citation X. Hell yeah!

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

dont have it in the sim, but id have a Piper Arrow. Lovely machine.

those saying a 777?? does this plane come with unlimited money to run it? :)

imo, a small aircraft for trips around would be far preferable to a big thing. you can fly anywhere with a normal airline. cant do the nice little trips with them!

Ted, I am surprised! I would think that with the amount of work you put into the C-47 radial sound pack alone that you would be familiar with real-world aircraft and enjoy being in and around them!

To fly myself and my family around bizjet style it would have to be the Piaggio P180 Avanti - I have the fine freeware model by Mario Noriega. A beautiful rendition of a beautiful aeroplane.

Are those photos of the Noriega model? I don't remember it being that refined looking from my early FSX days.

Lancair Legacy - so sexy - fastest piston single in the world (non production)

I wouldn't mind equipping mine like the RA legacy with dual GTN's

I agree, Ryan. Just not enough room to accommodate my real-world requirements. I do really enjoy flying the RealAir version - looking forward to the Duke V2.

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

Are those photos of the Noriega model? I don't remember it being that refined looking from my early FSX days.

The top one is a real photo, the bottom one with the Maserati badge is a screenshot of Mario's in FSX. :cool:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)