I am building an enclosed home GA cockpit sim and I want to intergrate the GTN 750 for use in the cockpit via iPad or iPhone. Anybody know the best way to accomplish this? (FSX)

Thanks!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

No direct GTN apps that I am aware of, but the FltPlanGo app links an iPad to FSX or I believe P3D via your home network and provides a great deal of similar content, such as flight plans, moving maps, live real world weather and radar, airport information, approach charts, and much more. Here is a link to a long thread detailing the app.  For flight planning I plan my flights at the fltplan.com web site; enter the same flight plan into the FS F1 GTN, download the Fltplan plan into the iPad app, and it all goes well from there.  The app reads your actual position from FSX/P3D.  The app is a real world flying app that has been developed with the FS tie in for training purposes.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/471387-fltplan-go-app-for-ipad-way-cool/

• Upvote 2

Neglected to mention that the FltPlanGo app is I believe only relevant for flying in the USA and Canada.

Hello Fabian, everybody...

I have a ipad linked to my pc through Splashtop XDisplay...

I can drag the 2D GTN to the ipad but I do not have touchscreen functionality on the ipad inside fsx... I have to use the mouse.

Outside fsx the touchscreen functionality is not a problem...

Do I miss something here?

Thx in advance...

Regards

Marc

On 10/30/2016 at 2:25 PM, Der Fuchs said:

i use the Twomon usb app from appstore

and that 's work fine without lag

On 10/30/2016 at 2:25 PM, Der Fuchs said:

i use the Twomon usb app from appstore

and that 's work fine without lag

This is excellent.  I wonder if there was any configuring required.  I downloaded a similar app (Duet display) but it does not accept touch input as a "click".  So am wondering if there was something you had to configure?

Thanks

Imran

Hi Guys.  Really excited to try and get the 750GTN on my ipad working with finger presses.  So I downloaded the twomon app as well.  But I can't seem to get the ipad to register a touch as a click of the mouse.  Could you tell me if there is anything I need to configure in either the GTN software or on twomon or on the ipad to get the taps to be recognised as clicks.  

Many thanks

Imran

Hi, sorry for late reply, iPad is set as secondary monitor and The GTN windows is put on it and focused.

Working fine here since long time (as you can see in my vid), never get issue