Sign in to follow this  
sightseer

the REX Major Announcement I'd like to see...

So as not to alter the original thread...

The REX announcement I'd like to see is an FTXCentral style free program that becomes the root of all the programs REX has or will release. It would contain categories like 'Textures' and 'Tools' and all previous texture sets like Essentials and Overdrive and TD4 and Soft Clouds would all be collections that a person could choose from and install as desired. All collections could be updated automatically from inside the root program ( REXCentral? ).

just a thought.

• Upvote 1

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

We did have a program similar to this called:  REX Autoupdate.  We are discussing an option similar to this.  We are presently working backend technology to support this.

• Upvote 1

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

We did have a program similar to this called:  REX Autoupdate.  We are discussing an option similar to this.  We are presently working backend technology to support this.

Love REX but installing updates is its weak point at present.

spacer.png

Seeing that it's 'HD', are we talking about 4096 size textures only? Or would we have the ability choose different sizes from the options?

**wrong thread. sorry**

We have HD and Standard format textures.

Love REX but installing updates is its weak point at present.

The weakness is because our products are in GIGS, thus bandwidth becomes the issue. 

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

Hi Reed - thanks for chiming in here. I look forward to more information on this.

The weakness is because our products are in GIGS

For me, the size of REX products is not the problem. Orbx products are quite large but even though I own a hundred different products from Orbx, I do not have 100 different executable files on my desktop or elsewhere with each having its own textures and each having its own update routine. (and even if I do, it doesn't feel like it - and that's the whole point)

I bought REX essentials and Overdrive and all was good but when there came a time when there were 5 or 6 different update routes offered based upon which product version and combination you had installed, it all became a bit too much for me. it was easier to just not update.

I then bought REX4 texture Direct thinking it would be a 'best of' compilation of previous work with new textures added in. Then Soft Clouds was introduced as a separate product and the multiple upgrade paths started once again.

The size of your programs has nothing to do with it as far as Im concerned. For me its multiple installers with multiple upgrade paths where each successive program seems to hide and override previous work.

I originally wanted to use the word album instead of collection because that's the way I see it. I can 'play'(install) the textures from an old album or play the textures from a new album and they are all there available in that one Central program and each album can be updated automatically from within that program and everything I own is available to me in one place.

Your new Airport buildings product sounds great but I cringe when I start to wonder about how that simple product will become overly complicated at some point in the future. I don't know how or when but my previous experience says it will.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.